Need help deciding.....

Bronze Member
Username: Sidmeister

Post Number: 14
I have about $400-$450, Im lookin for a nice loud system to fit in the trunk of my 2000 monte carlo, I was either thinkin of goin wit the MA Audio MA120D6 or a Pioneer Premier TS-W3004SPL both would be in sealed enclosures prolly....which ones do u reccomend?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2532
is that budget for just the sub/s or is that including everything?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9900
i currently own the premier 3002 its the same as the 3004 model just different ohms - its Not really made 4 SQ as in being pput in a sealed box ,would Not sound good @ all , its a more boomy spl sub which still has a fair amt of SQ to it

or & another thing even though pioneer rec 2.0 cuft /sub ported - i must info these subs just seem 2 prefer a large well ported box , i am currently doing a new new box design 4 mine right now .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I guess I shoulda said for the subs in the beginning

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 898
Is that your only 2 chooses? or will you accept suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1048
Yeah also.
SPL, SQL, OR SQ? Because you said Loud I thought SPL, then you said sealed enclosure which is more SQ so which one is it?

How many subs, and what size?

How much power you intend to push? 500-1krms, 1krms-2krms?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
i will accept suggestions, and im thinkin maybe 2-3 12". Most likely SPL, depending on the size of enclosure, but if i dont have enough room i will prolly do SQ. I have 2 amps im going to use, a 1600 and a 1300 or i might sell them and get a better/bigger one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1049
Don't do subs in odd numbers. You turn out with a odd ohm load. Do even to be safe on your part. If you were considering 3 12's then do 2 15's. But you can still do 2 12's with a good turnout. Also what kind of amps are those, name brand and model.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
a Hifonics BX1606D and an Audiobahn A1300HCT. i did think about 2 15's....but idk

Gold Member

Post Number: 1051
Hmmm, although you have a good amount for subs, looks like you want to run 1500RMS+ probaly more towards 2krms. Which them brings you in the range for elec. charging upgrades that you need to do also. Save up a little more and you'll be more happy in the long run. Trust me. And yeah sell those amps and get one good decent amp.

Check out these sites for subwoofers.
www.ascendantaudio.com
www.audioque.com
www.ficaraudio.com
www.ddaudio.com (audioque and digital designs are somewhat the same, build under the same roof and smiliar technology/components and such)

Also check out MMATS, one of my favorite companies. www.woofersetc.com

Most likely someone will recommend you a subwoofer from the top 4 links. If not, then thats just weird =).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I like your suggestion berny, but im not looking to go to competitions since i cant....i live in south dakota in the middle of no where. i guess i should say im looking for a rly good SQL system and i wanted some opions on the subs that i had previously asked about.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2533
i would look at any subs berny mentioned above the two you did. why not join the rest of us and get a si mag. group buy price is really nice.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1053
What I was trying to do was consider your budget and whats the best possible subwoofers you can get that will perform better than the subs you mentioned and will satisfy you in the long run. I would of said the Si Mags but I think their out of his range as far as price. And the links that I mentioned above, yeah those are like subwoofers used in spl comps but they also have nice SQ depending on which subwoofer you intend to purchase. So their not alllll SPL. I believe DD 9100 is like their SQ driver, not sure, but its expensive. I can't really tell you which of the subwoofers in those links are SQL but I'm sure most of them are SQL rather than SPL. But maybe someone can help you decide what SQL driver would be best for 225 a piece.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
I did look at the subs and i no they are very good, its just that idk...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1054
bump.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1055
whats the loudests cleanest favorite setup you had? Like what amp and what subwoofers? and then maybe we can be like okay, of course this will be better no doubt and you will be happy! Know what I mean?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2534
nah, single 15" mag. would be good! only dd's you could get in that budget, pair wise, would be the 2500 series and lower. aa, other than the assassin they don't have many models left cause they're getting ready to release their new lines. personally i would do:
single 15" mag
pair of dd 2512
pair of fi 12" ssd

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I no what u mean, im only 15 and dont have a job yet during the winter time so thats y im hesitant to buy those rly awsome subs. I no u ppl on here will prolly bash my setup i have now, im running 3 12" audiobahn ALUM12Q with a Hifonics BXi1606D amp. I want different subs so this amp doesnt get fried.....again (and to show off a bit )

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2536
just sell everything and put that towards new stuff. and are you going for something louder than what you got now or just loud and sound better? even though i guarantee everything mentioned above will sound better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Ill sell everything except one of my subs and amp since they are my bro's, and i think im considering 2 Fi SSD's

Gold Member

Post Number: 1057
Well I don't like to bash on people. Were you planning on selling everything? If you do, leave it in your car, let people listen to it and sell it as a whole. =). That would be a easy way to sell it local. And then you will probaly have enough money to get some awesome subs and then need to get some more money for a good amp. But UHH, IDK now. But its better to spend your money on the good stuff that has a better resale value, then waste your money on the other subs you mentioned and lose value. Know what I mean? I think your going to have to be more concerned on being louder with your new setup, bc w/e you get will sound cleaner than those 3 12's but will it be louder based on budget also. Lots of things to consider.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
yea, very true...i already have ppl who like how they sound and would buy them if they had the money

Gold Member

Post Number: 1058
I think you will be pleased with two Fi ssd's. Depending if you give them a true 800RMS both and that you put them in a good box built to specs, they will not only get louder but sound waaaaay better. Get the FI ssd's. If you have the room to do a ported box with 15's then do that. If not, do 2 12's in a ported box. You can do sealed but I think you would be better off ported so they can definitely get louder.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Im gonna put them in a ported box, but i seem to always have trouble figuring out how to make slot ported boxes

Gold Member

Post Number: 1060
FI will probaly give you the dimensions and such. If not theres people on this forum that will help. So until then. And Its not too hard to make if the cuts are good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
alright thanks for ur opinions and everything so i think i no what im gonna get and how im gonna set it up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us