RE SX15 Vs. Fi Q15

Bronze Member
Username: Zoomiebird

Post Number: 76
i am looking at kenny's sx and at scotts q. ive heard the sx is proven and badaz, and the up and coming q will beat it on all points. what is everyones, and i mean everyones, take on the compare? price is a factor as well and the q comes with a warranty, $20 less in price, and free shipping. btw ill be giving it 1200rms from jbl.

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 530
Well it sounds like you have it figured out already

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1725
Q, its brand new with the warranty supposed to sound WAY better and even get louder

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
have all the bugs been worked out of Q? the sx is a proven awesome sub, and its rated to handle more power. btw i still want opinions about the comparison, i know there are some diehard RE fans here.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1726
as far as bugs in there system Scott used to build for RE so he knows what he is doing and if something does go wrong you have your warranty and Scott is a he11 of a guy to work with anyway

Silver Member

Post Number: 531
what bugs? lol. and they have the same rms...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
well you know how new products have little bitty probs from time to time. i guess the gods working at Fi dont have any of these problems, just asking. well thats good to know about the rms. so the Q totally killz the RE? why would a guy like kenny be trying to sell for such a high price then? why why why?

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 1728
y dont u ask him lol, the SX's are nice subs but alot of users think that now that RE has raised there prices there older model subs are worth more, but even if they were the same price brand new with a warranty i would still take the Q

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1741
I can't compare the two because I have not heard a Q.. but I do own the SX 15" and it gets loud.. the SQ is better than I was expecting and its taking 1500+rms daily as of right now.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8923
Q > SX....lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
well it seems the general opinion is the Q should be bought. well now i need a box design.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2674
offcorse scott will say his products are the best,

but in real time we cant say that the q is better than sx even that is made by the same guy, we dont have any facts from trusted people or companys, juzz because a guy from re starts a company with low prices and tells everyone its better we dont know it might be right or false, like the btls the btls are not complety better than mt why?? because btl is a power hungry sub and the re audio is not that power hungry so thats an advantage for re, about the sx vs the q, very people that we know have them but they doesnt have an sx so we cant say also we need trusted people or resources so we can know its true.

so right now re>fi

im not against fi but we dont know, mayb ein the future me and if some of you think the w ay i am maybe well change our minds i dont know,

juzz because a product is cheaper than another one that doens mean is better, but sometime it is, but like i said right now we dont know much about fi we juzz know a guy named scott that was working at re thats it,

but right now if u can find a cheap sx u will be better why? cuz is a trusted sub that will not let u down :-)

lilrob

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
You just about disagreed with this whole thread. Congratulations. I'm pretty sure the guy who owned, designed, and built RE's products knows what hes saying when he compares them to what he builds now. We can trust what he says because he is well respected, and has a great reputation for what he does. Scott in no way said his products were the best either.

Also, the fact that a sub is power hungry has no effect on how good it is. Nobody has said anything bad about his new products and had proof to back it up, and I see more and more people buying them now than ever. I'll stick with my Q, thanks

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7337
fi q > re sx anyday of the f**king week.

also btl being power hungry lilrob? how would you know? do you own one? didn't think so.

as far as btl sounding better than mt, i like to think so. i've heard a pair of mt's at a comp and it was loud but did not sound cleaner than my btl's. he did have 2 rf t30001 on his 2 mts so i hope it was louder than mine. anyone there would tell you though that the btl's sounded alot cleaner.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2675
thats my opinion u may think otherwise well thats ur opinion i respect yours so i will not post trash but thats juzz me yup btls are powerhungry ull need at least 2.5 k rms an du know it chad,

so it was in a competition??? well u know his box tuning ????

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7338
his tuning was 35hz. thats 1 whole hz lower than my box tuning. his system was setup for bass race and not burp.

its all good lilrob. its just you are saying people shouldn't say anything if they don't know. well you don't know about the fi audio subs so you shouldn't say anything.

i really don't know about the Q but if it sounds better than the btl sq wise then it will sound way better than the re sx cause i am beginning to think that my btls are up to par in sq department with my re sx.

Bronze Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 52
lol... Im not saying one thing is better than another... as everyone knows, each sub has its applications and strong suit.
But as far as the BTLs being power hungry... no. They are VERY efficient, but simply can take power. That is a far cry from being "power hungry". Not too many other drivers have the moving mass that the BTL has an still has over 95 dB 1W/1m (for the 18). They are not light moving mass subs, nor is the suspension floppy... they are built to take power, not to be played lightly since they are efficient :-)

Oh, and besides arguing about speakers... I wanted to wish everyone on Ecoustics a happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks...
Scott

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1746
finally ...its set straight...each sub has its own applications and strong suit...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9915
Scot - did u get my emails ???.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
ya happy days all. i think the Q is the way to go though. i'm gonna need some box design help when the time comes. thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 317
"Not too many other drivers have the moving mass that the BTL has an still has over 95 dB 1W/1m (for the 18)."

wow...
how many other subs you know of that have anywhere near that high sensitivity? thats insane.. like 70% are below 90dB 1W/1m...

Very nice Scott.

Gold Member

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1777
why does the 10, 15 and 18 q have the white line around the cone??? i personally think that the 12 looks good without the line. if i bought a 15, id have to go "no line" lol.

Gold Member

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1778
when looking at the q and the sx (15s)though, the q has like a 24 hz FS, compared to the sxs 27hz Fs, pretty much saying that the q probably has better sound quality. the q is 87.7 db efficient, while the sx is 90.4 db efficient. The sx has the edge there, but it is evened out with the qs 5mm more xmax than the sx.

I think these subs are pretty equal, i guess that the q and sx got about the same spl, and the q will sound cleaner...

The q has got to be the way to go now, becuase of the price shipped to your door. Its harder to find the sx for that price shipped (especially new). Not to mention you get a warranty on the fis.

Gold Member

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1779
many more factors to look at when comparing the subs, but they are seeming pretty equal.

does anyone have any numbers yet with any FI subs besides chad??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
thanks for all the tips man. i just started building the box today. its gonna have a high gloss stained birch frint panel for a little class. wait to see how it goes. btw if im not mistaken that line of white is just a reflection, but i may be wrong.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
hey when the Q is pulling the full 1200 watts of power from the amp, will i need to upgrade my batt and alt? or am i still on the fringe of a low watt system?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2553
what size is your alt. now? personally i would go ahead and get a ho alt. and upgrade the rest also.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7359
your stock alt won't be able to provide enough voltage at high volume for you to utilize the full potential of that amp.

i highly suggest you get a ho alt if you want loud.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 651
hey chad ... i heard 2 fully loaded btls off of two orion 2500d's .... and i was completely surprised at their efficiency ... very good at 30 hz ... 11.5 cu ft ... wall off ... 161 burping ... with 151 bass race

Silver Member

Post Number: 652
i know mid 150s are in ur future ...

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7360
nice. makes me want to wall my setup. but my car is too new to do that. i have to settle for what i have now. :-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 653
theres plenty of ways to gain dbs what kind of car?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
balls... i was hoping not to spend my life savings (not that much at 19) but i guess that was a bit childish. where can i get an alt for a 99 accord 4cyl. right now all i have is the stock and i have no idea what its capable of. im guessing a new battery would be needed as well, so how much would the two cost to keep up with 1200rms?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
bawls... i was hoping not to spend my life savings (not that much at 19) but i guess that was a bit childish. where can i get an alt for a 99 accord 4cyl. right now all i have is the stock and i have no idea what its capable of. im guessing a new battery would be needed as well, so how much would the two cost to keep up with 1200rms?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
damn comp, sorry guys

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2555
http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

http://www.excessiveamperage.com/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
there tons of different choices of iraggis. what is the minimum i can buy to give my amp full or atleast lots of power?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2563
you just running the 1200.1? if so i'd say 180a at the minimum, but get the biggest you can, leaves you room to upgrade. and try to get one with good amp at idle to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us