JL audio W6 repair

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 548
Do any of you guys know where i can get my sub repair? I emailed JL but heres the answer they gave me.

Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 6:49 AM
Subject: Re: 15w6

We have heard of places that offer such service but I don't have any names I can give you. You can do some research to find out who might offer to do the repair.

Bronze Member
Username: Nolimiy

Post Number: 32
well for starters what are the specs of the sub? what setup was it in when it got messed up? What exactly does it do now/what got messed up? Help us help you by providing some details

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 550
Spec of the sub 400 rms dual 6 ohms. It was connect in parallel 3ohm to a PG 400.1X.

It plays but it has a cracking noise to it. Only one side of the voice coils works.
}

Bronze Member
Username: Nolimiy

Post Number: 35
From my experience the cracking sound signifies either the surround ripping or small rips in the cone - hopefully its not a voice coil that's messed up. My knowledge on this topic is rather limited as how I've never personally seen any subs that were blown or had anything wrong with them. Keep asking questions and hopefully someone more knowledgeable will stumble across them.

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 552
Cool thank's. Where's James Longo??? or anyone else that can help.

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 527
wen it was playin did it ever have like a couple like "pops" to the sub.

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 554
Yes it does.

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FI SSD, OK U.S.A

Post Number: 529
yeah, youve either melted or scratched half your coil. idk what to tell or if thats fixable or not. my old re's played jus fine with it like that tho.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us