TY MUTLOW!!! BAWLIN!!!

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chi Town

Post Number: 107
Ty were you trying to tell me on my thread from yesterday that i'm looking at the wrong size speakers...haven't bought any yet (PHEW) but i was told that a 2000 CVPI takes 6 1/2"s in front and rear....you saying that it actually needs 6x8 front and 6x9 rear??? if so how'd you find that out?

You know it's not a regular crown vic right? it's a police cruiser...dunno if that makes a difference.

If anyone else can give me a link that will verify what speaker sizes i need, thx in advance.

P.S. HOLLA ATCHYA BOY MUDDY!! WE FLY HIGH, NO LIE, YOU KNOW THISSSS BAWLLIN!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 285
Hey I can believe that, I was told in my Explorer that they were 6.5's in the front and I actually bought some 6.5s and began to install them when I realized that they were actually 6x8's! I just made some baffles to fit in the door. I honestly think that 6.5s sound better than 6x8's and 6x9's

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3227
looked on www.the12volt.com and on www.americaninternational.net

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8908
Fall and Rise, Outside, It's like ShowBIZZZZZZ!!! Ballin!!!!!!!!!!!! lololol

def. check those websites man. i think there was another one. like sounddomain errr something or another. .....

Bronze Member
Username: Nolimiy

Post Number: 21
yeah don't listen to places like circuit city/best buy/most websites out there - they both told me that I have 2 6x8s in the front and 2 6x8s in the back - so I bought 4 6x8s from infinity and when I went to go install them in the rear deck, I saw immediately that the hole was made for 6x9s. I was hoping that I was drunk or something so I lined up the 6x8 and it fell right through the hole and landed in my trunk. End of it was that I went back and had them custom fabricate wood brackets and fit my 6x8s into the 6x9 spots. Couple weeks later one of them in the back blew because my amp was pushing it too hard and when i went back there I didn't find any wood brackets at all, they just screwed it down on the left side so the right side was floating because it wouldn't reach. I stormed back there and told them to give me the money I paid for a "custom install" back ($200)and they said they would've given it back, they just didn't have the time to do the install at the time.

VERY long story short, if you want to know what speaker sizes your car has, go to forums made for your car or better yet, just go pull the grills off and take a look for yourself.

Oh and don't get done dirty by Circuit City like I did...

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3460
muddy, its "foreign rides" not "fall and rise" lol

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8914
yeah i know. but i was waiting for a shmuck like you to correct me

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13