How do you wire a Cap

Bronze Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 15
im wondering how you wire a cap i thought you just hooked up the positive to positve and ground to ground but i heard you can literally blow yourself up if you dont do it right and that you have to charge it up i thought it charged itself can anyone explain?

Bronze Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 87
Simply hook up all power connections to cap and amps and ground everything(cap and amp/s). Then the cap could have come with a charging bulb.( a small light bulb) Place this bulb in the fuse holder under the hood after the connection is made with the battery. The bulb will turn on when contact is made and will turn off when cap and wire/s to amp/s are charged. If no bulb is included then just put your fuse in and let it charge on its own. The cap will then draw extra current upon the vehicle starting to charge the extra cap. (I should note that the cap will draw more and extra current from your alternator, which is hard on stock alterators, and some people do not suggest using capacitors) Not very difficult to do. Takes a few seconds to charge and a few minutes to complete. Should be two positive terminals and a ground on the cap. One pos is an "in" and the other is an "out". Power wire from battery goes to the "in" and the "out" goes to the amp/s. That should be it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us