How and what do i need for this job

Username: Hjs123

Post Number: 2
I have a 4 channel amp hooked up to my four car speakers but i want to install a sub with a two channel amp . Can anybody give me info on how i should begin i am a first timer eg wiring kits wire routes, fuses , rca etc i am a quick learner

Bronze Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 84
Get a Distribution block for the power wire, could use fused distribution block for extra protection, and split the remote wire (blue wire from head unit) to each amp. Ground each amp separetly to good metal to metal connections (ex. Frame of car). Try to keep power and ground wires as short as possible to keep as many volts to amp as possible. Are there RCA outputs on your current 4ch amp? If YES, then run RCA's from tose to the other amp(2ch). Might want to think about mono amp for better efficiency and price. Anyway, that should do it. Any more Questions just post and someone will give you an answer.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 529
wouldnt it be better to run the 2 ch off of the HU's subwoofer preouts?

Bronze Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 86
Depends if you are looking for SQ or power. Depends on your spacific application. A/B or 2ch amps have better sound quality but are less efficient while mono amps have not so good SQ while creating lots of power and will not get warmer at lower impedences than A/B class amps do. Also mono amps usually cost less for same power output.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us