Monoblock on 6.5"s

Bronze Member
Username: Moondogg1212

Post Number: 65
if you were to do this it would give the speakers a mono signal instead of a stereo signal, therefore resulting in a loss of balance-L/R. would/could anything else happen?

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 666
Are you trying to send a full range signal or a lowpassed signal?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
i have an older jensen 4 channel runing my Type R 6.5(non component) speakers. im not sure of the rms rating on the amp. they dont sound bad. i was just wondering what it would sound lke if i was to put a small monoblock on them. because i have two amps that im not using right now. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 669
Well, the thing is - you can not "play" a monoblock above say 300hz (well you can some of them, but those ones cost A LOT of money) cause it will get very dirty.
You are better off getting a nice 2ch or a 4ch amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
i guess that i will kep running them with that jensen for now. thanks maris.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
one more quick question?
so what you are saying is that it would pretty much make my 6.5s work like subs instead of speakers?

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1011
it would run, the question is how bad would it sound.

A lot (all?) class D mono's have an always-on low pass crossover that won't go over 250hz or so. If that's the case they'll sound ok, you just won't get any highs.

If you can disable the x/o you're going to get a lot of unwanted noise above the subwoofer range because the switching of the outputs trying to produce those higher frequencies will become audible.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2470
Not all:
http://buwaldahybrids.com/sound.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us