Newb: Needing an amp for 2 (6x9's)

Bronze Member
Username: Su_ram

Post Number: 18
When it comes to subs I am aware on amplifiers but 6x9's are another story.

I have two: CUSPID USA MODEL # SP-6952 700 Watt MAX POWER 6X9 inch 4-way speakers.
700 WATT MAX POWER,
GIANT 30 OZ. MAGNETS
4-WAY SPEAKERS,
Sensitivity is 90db/W(1m),
Impedance is 4 Ohms.

And I have two: Kicker KS693 6 x 9" 360 watt (180 each)
* Peak Power: 180 watts each speaker (360 watts total)
* Size: 6 x 9
* Sensitivity: 92 dB
* Frequency Response: 30-21,000 Hz
* RMS Power: 90 watts each speaker (180 watts RMS total)
* Impedance: 4 ohms

With those four speakers I am very confused on what kind of amp to buy. My budget ranges anywhere from 0-$250 of course wanting to spend the least that I can.

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 137
Yo instead of listing the max which means absolutly nothing list the rms thats all that counts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
The RMS for the Kicker 6x9 are 90 each, and Im not sure about the others. I think the Cuspid's are 350 each.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4178
since there is such a big difference in handling power, i would use your HU to power the rear speakers (im assmuning the kickers) and then gettgin one amp for the cuspid's ( dont know if they are good or not)

you need to find out what the cuspid's are each rms for sure..

otherwise, when you find ot that, get an amp that does either:

RMS (of both speakers) x 1 @ 2 ohms

or

RMS (of one speaker) x 2 @ 4 ohms -- this is wiring a speaker to each chanel, while the other is wiring the speakers together parallel, then to the amp

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 140
so you want to power 4 6x9's one set of kickers and the another set of cupids on a 4 channel amp right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Yeah pretty much Kyle. And bassman I will try to find out. I emailed they guy on ebay i bought them from hopefully he will respond but if he doesnt I cant confirm the rms until wednesday when i go back home

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4180
yea, so basically, a 4-channel would be ideal in this situatoins, but the power ratings ae too big between each other. so i would rec- gettin a 2 channel amp to power the 2 (higher rms speakers) up front

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
so are you rec- to get an amp only to power the cuspids? BTW all my speakers are in the back panel under the rear window(Chevy Impala). Its basically a big mess that im trying to clean up. The holes are too small for my 6x9's so im purchasing boxes to mount all 4 of them in the back. And I am trying to get better performance from my 6x9's because when the two l7's hit the 6x9's get pretty ugly...

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4187
thats why you need some good components up front man.. a good frontstage is THE mos important factor in a good car audio application. all about imaging

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4191
didnt bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us