Amp troubles

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 133
Ok so my cousin gots an xtreme 800watt amp he had it wired to two sony 12". when he was listening to them all of the sudden the amp turned off. none of the lights or anything would come one. so we took it out of his truck and connected it in my car double checked everything and it still wouldn't power on. so we took it out and took it to my bro's room and used a little motorcycle battery with a trickle charger to it. and it powered up fine no problems which just don't make any since cause when we took it back out it still didn't work in my car and I know the wireing is right cause my amp works fine(JL E1400 D) any suggestings on why it won't work.

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 477
whats the specs of the amp and the subs? what ohm load for both?

Silver Member

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 134
well as far as i know the sony's are single 4 ohms 300rms 1300max-yeah right. and sub in my car which is a jl 12 is 400watts rms and i think its 800max DVC 4ohm. and the subs in my bro's room are some arcade ones(like on the skate boarding,snow boarding and such arcade games) so I don't know what those are. but even with the amp disconnected from the subs it doesn't work in my car and does work off the small battery and trickle charger.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
heres the specs on the amp

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xtreme-1800X-43020-Mono-Amplifier-NIB-800W-Car-Audio_W0QQite mZ230053123812QQihZ013QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
apparently its:

200w x 1 @ 4ohms
400w x 1 @ 2ohms
with a 60 s/n ratio
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help