Viper has stopped doing remote start

Username: Mountainbiker

Post Number: 1
Up until yesterday, my Viper 550HF's remote start was working without issue. Yesterday, I disconnected the vehicle's battery ground, so I could install a new head unit in the dash.

This morning I tried to remote start the vehicle, it starts but within a second it shuts itself back off.

The Viper remote still seems to arm/disarm the vehicle without issue. Plus, I have manually started it with the key and driven it today.

Do I need to make it relearn something? My head unit install was pretty basic, so I would have thought that its wiring wouldn't have affected the remote start.

Post Number: 2
Relearning the alarm's key fob didn't help anything, so I must have disturbed a wire/connection, when I reinstalled the stereo's head unit. My guess would be power (+12v) to a relay. What do you think? What should I be looking for?

Post Number: 3
Relearning the alarm's key fob didn't help anything, so I must have disturbed a wire/connection, when I reinstalled the stereo's head unit. My guess would be power (+12v) to a relay. What do you think? What should I be looking for?

Post Number: 4
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us