P860mp issues

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

NSW Australia

Post Number: 244
I bought a Premier p860mp from ebay a few months ago and I'm having some problems with it.

It started one day where the buttons on the faceplate stopped working, and now I'll put it on in the arvo and the face won't work at all for a while but if I give it 10 minutes or so, it's all good.

I leave the faceplate in my glovebox during the day, could it be a heat problem? Or would it be something else, like the ribbon cable?

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 323
Could be an issue with the faceplate contacts. They'll get worn out/corroded over time. Try cleaning the contacts and see if that helps at all.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1016
you can also buy replacement parts for those contacts off of pioneer's website.

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 245
Ah ok, I'll give it a look. Thanks guys :-)

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 246
Actually come to think of it, I don't think that's it. A couple of times, when it hasn't worked, after I pressed the eject button and took the faceplate off, the motorised bit it clips to didn't go back up. Sounds like something else?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1020
Umm, because I have a P860MP also. You can also order that part on pioneers website. I would call Pioneer myself or email them because the 860MP has problems with the motorized face, and who knows more about it? PIONEER! yep. Try them. You tell them the problem and since they had a lot of problems with this model they should know what the problem is and tell you what you need to fix it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us