Iraggi alternator

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1331
I purchased a DC clamp meter to see if my alternator was really putting out what iraggi rated it at. My alternator is 240 amps and the dc clamp meter read 220 amps at 1700 rpm. So I conclude that their alternators put out their rated current. just a little FYI cause I had my doubts about alternators that were this inexpensive.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 222
sweet deal, before i got my 200amp - everyone thought i had my brights on, so theywould flash their brights at me so i would flash them right back, lol.

NOW with the HO alt, my lights r noticeably brighter, so you can do the math on that one, let the flashing begin!

Bronze Member
Username: James3146

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 50
Are you sure? That doesnt sound right. How many volts? How did you draw 220 Amps at 1700 RPM?

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1340
im not 100% sure about the rpm. i just wedged a screw driver on my throttle then went underneath the hood with the dc clamp meter. i didn't check the volts either. i put the meter on the power wire coming from the alternator.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1341
plus the alternator has a 2" pulley instead of the 3" factory. this makes it turn faster.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1042
read how many amps you get at idle! and like have someone inside rev up your engine while you read the meter. =).

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1367
k berny. tomorrow maybe.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1056
lmao. thats a stale response but ok =). I also have an Iraggi Alternator, definitely need a good battery to see its performance. bc a dead battery will make you wonder whats the difference :P, actually it wasn't dead, it just dies if I leave my car sitting for 24hrs. So I dropped in the odyssey battery and bam, nice voltage :D.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1368
yeah, i keep blowing my opti blue tops. the guy at sears kinda said that this is the last one that he was going to warranty. i'n planning on adding a 2nd altrernator. maybe that will help to spare my battery. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1061
I'm taking back a redtop to autozone later today. Its completely dead. Hope they have a new fresh redtop at the store. Right now I'm using a optima 2150S in the front, its to big and I can't secure it down so I need that redtop back fast. New redtop here I come :D.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2471
"I purchased a DC clamp meter to see if my alternator was really putting out what iraggi rated it at. My alternator is 240 amps and the dc clamp meter read 220 amps at 1700 rpm. So I conclude that their alternators put out their rated current. just a little FYI cause I had my doubts about alternators that were this inexpensive."

x2. Dom makes a good product...and he returns calls :-)

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1369
berny i did the test today. the alternator put out 105 amps at idle and 236 amps at 2k rpm!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1097
did you get the dominator or amputator alt? I would think you would get more amps at idle if thats a amputator.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 787
^It depends on the pulley used as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us