Alpine 9856 not detecting Aux input?

Bronze Member
Username: Courtreezy

Post Number: 13
I'm trying to figure out why my deck won't detect my "aux input" feature. When i click the source button it shuffles between "tuner" and "disc"...i went into the the setup, and enabled aux input, but still no sign of it. I tried resetting the deck, nothing works...any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 310
What do you have plugged into the AUX input?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
An ipod. I didn't want to use the ipod connection where you control it from your deck, so i had it put in through the aux inputs so i can control the ipod, from my ipod.

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 313
The only thing I can think of is that your AUX cable isn't pushed in all the way (I'm guessing you have something like this since I don't believe the 9856 has a dedicated AUX in). The deck SHOULD automatically detect the AUX source once a cable is attached (as long as AUX in is enabled, as you said it was). Other than that I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Also, I'm with you on not using deck controls for the iPod, nice to see there are others who chose the AUX-in method.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
i figured it out...i just didnt understand the menu settings...i went to aux in, and clicked it to aux in,,,,but then you also have to turn the volume knob until it says "aux in on" i just thought by it saying "aux in" that it was on...

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 322
Cool, glad you figured it out
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us