Need a lil help plz

Bronze Member
Username: Spandmh1

Post Number: 15
ok. i recently bought 2 ZX-4715 DVX volfenhags. the guy cut me a deal on an amp and i got it too. it is a CA2908 Cyclone amp and it is 2000 watts. the subs have 1200 peak and 600 rms. i no that is over the rms but will it really hurt them that much? but my question is, should i wire the subs to 2 ohms or 4 ohms? and also, what should the box dimensions be? thanks in advance for the advice.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2436
what are the vc of the subs? specs of the amp wouldn't hurt either? and what kind of deal you get on the subs cause they really aren't good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
gave 300 for the subs and 50 for the amp. u really thing they arent that good? i had a volf 12 and it pounded man! and plus, they are eye-catchy. i love that shiny red. what is vc? the amp is 2000 watts and i can be 2x1500 at 2ohms and 2x1000 at 4ohms. i cant really remember the specs of it that well.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2439
you need to post the specs. if that is peak it doesn't mean anything. and vc means are they dual vc 4ohm, dual vc 2ohm, single 4ohm, etc. you need to post this if you want help.

and yes those subs suck, and the amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
on volf site it says 4 ohm + 4 ohm dual voice coil. ah man dont make feel bad for buyin them now! lol. now ur amkin my hopes go way way down man. ur supposed to tell me that they are going to freaking pound my brains out.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2443
so their dual 4ohm. and amp specs, you need to find and post them. sorry bout the comment, but if you can take them back i'd would.

but the main thing is if you like them then who cares cause it's your car.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Two Channel Bridgeable Amp ·2x 1000W @ 4 Ohms ·2x 1500W @ 2 Ohms ·1x 3000W @ 4 Ohms Bridged ·PWM MOSFET Amplifier ·4 x 15 Amp Fuses ·Remote Turn On/Off Input ·Dimensions: 14"(L) x 9-3/4"(W) x 2"

thats copy and pasted from the web right there. hope it helps u help me! :p but yeah i agree on the liking thing... if i enjoy them then who cares what other peeps think. i just hope they hit better than my last setup...

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2444
that amp will not put out that power. that is peak. you really should take that amp back, looks like a piece of shi_t.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
u think it wont even put out 600 watts? thats all im really lookin for. i dont want to push the subs to their peak.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2445
i really doubt it'll do 1200wrms. what did you expect for $50?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
well it was actually $150 originally but the dude knocked some off of it. i wanted this pyramid amp but it was $250 and i didnt have enough money. i really didnt want the one i got cuz ive never even heard of that brand.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2446
wow, pyramid! total crap. what all brands does this store carry? anything worth buying? seriously you're best bet would be to take everything back and start over.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i might take the amp back but until i know how those volfs sound imma stick with them. they just look way to cool. but hey, thanks for the advice man. i have to get off of here and hit the sack. ill get back on here once i get a box and let u know how it all sounds. thanks again!

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 512
Audiobahns are good lookin from the back but the are SHI!!!T. You need, if you can, to get something better

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 979
If you could take them back, your options are two 12" AA Assasins or maybe two AQ sd2.5's. Unless you want to save up for something better, as in handling more power. But these two companies will fit right for power range where you don't need to upgrade your charging system. Even two Type R's will do good. Well, see what you can do and hit us back up. If your going to buy a amp, buy on ebay.

www.ascendantaudio.com
www.audioque.com

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 518
ascendant would be nice

I have the arsenals. very good for the price

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3205
you need to wire them subs to a 4 ohm load and run bridged on the amp.see www.the12volt.com under woffer wiring...

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3394
if you want to play safe, get CVRs and you're done. And please changet that amp and tell us a real budget for a new system

Silver Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 246
I hate to tell ya man but you made some piss poor choices, those subs are bad check out the reviews and see if you can take them back now.

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Volfenhag_ZX-4715/display_~reviews

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Volfenhag_ZX-4715/display_~reviews

for under 300 you could have gotten a Fi Q 15" which are 1000 watts RMS and would emberass anyone with those volfies}
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us