Tape to CD

Username: Badten

Canada

Post Number: 3
I recently bought Ford Taurus 1999. The audio unit has tape, FM and AM. I want to change it to CD or even to MP3. I searched Walmart and some other store, but could not get the main board to replace the existing one. In my audio unit i have AC and other stuffs. Here is what i would like to know:
- where can i get the whole audio unit?
- should i buy the whole audio unit or buy CD/MP3 player and put it somewhere?

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 991
Ummm, can you take a picture for us? I'm guessing your talking about a stereo installation kit, where if the original stereo is 2x bigger the kit will fill in the gaps, something along those lines. But a picture would help.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 992
http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/product.php?productid=4068

I think thats what your looking for. Thats the closest thing I came across to achieving a tape to cd and still have the functions of your ac and such. Looks cleaner also. Pricey yes, but do some online shopping and you can probaly find it for cheaper.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 311
Yep, the link Berny gave you is what you'd be looking for. It's Metra part number 99-5715. If you do a search on line you should be able to find it for a little less, or you can probably order it from any local parts shop. I know you can get it from Amazon.com and Buy.com. Try a search for "Metra 99-5715" at Pricegrabber and you'll get a bunch of options.

Username: Badten

Canada

Post Number: 4
thanks guys. yeap need to change the audio bracket for it. damn i was going to buy a CD/MP3 player and keep it separately.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us