Hummer 3 2006 and DEI Python 1400 XP

Username: H3007

Johnstown, PA

Post Number: 2
Greetings all!

Does anyone know anything about installing a DEI Valet 1400 XP on a 2006 Hummer 3? As you can see from the following link and my posts, Circuit City seems confused as to the vehicles this system is compatible with. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4165

My personal experience:
Ok, so I have Circuit City install the DEI Viper Starter/Door Kit (nobody else could do it before January). After they are done, the results are:

1) It starts fine using the DEI kit, BUT;
2) You must always use the DEI remote. If you lock it using the factory FOB and try to start it with the DEI FOB, it starts but the alarm goes off.
3) Using the DEI FOB does not arm the alarm.
4) The padlock security light on the dash does stay on when the vehicle is remote started, even after the key is inserted. One must turn the vehicle off with the DEI FOB and then turn the vehicle back on with the key to get rid of this light.
5) Installer said he had to use the auxillary port on the DEI starter to run the bypass so the rear defrost does not work. He said he could try a separate bypass, but I'd have to go back for that. And he said it may not work due to the wire pulse, etc. etc. etc.

While it works, I am not sure this is the system to go with due to the various compromises.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us