INSTALLATION...JENSEN UNIT

Bronze Member
Username: Bigman3889

Post Number: 48
So i rele wanna get an indash video...and i can get the vm95311ts for like 350$ and it has all the fetures i want...but is installtion a bitchh?
is it any differnt than a regular headunit? i installed my own headunbit but im gonna take it out and put this video in..before i buy it i wanna kno is there any difficulties besides byp[assing the parking break to install....i mean..is there a difference in installing a video and regular in dash player

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 302
Installing the screen and housing is no different than a standard CD player, but a DVD player will also have a breakout box, or brain that will also need to be installed in the vehicle. Your player, the Jensen vm9511ts (I'm guessing the "3" was an accident) should come will all of this. The brain, in the lower right of the picture, will be a bit bigger than they make it out to be in that picture, it'll be about the size or a little smaller than the actual head unit just not as thick. You should get plenty of wire length in the box to install the brain in the trunk or under a seat. The brain does get warm though so make sure you don't put it somewhere where it's going to overheat. You'll also need to install the tv antenna if it's included, but that's pretty simple. Here is another picture of all the other stuff, I couldn't find any pictures of the actual wire harness that should be included that runs from the head unit to the brain but here and here are pictures of my Kenwood brain installed, it should be somewhat similar to the Jensen unit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
thanks alot...no its the jensen vm9311ts.. http://www2.buydig.com/shop/basket.aspx?sku=JNVM9311TS&act=add&sks=JNVM9311TS, .. its only 353$ here and the site itself has great reviews...thanks alot i was just worried i wouldnt be able to do it.. rele appreciate it

Username: Lord_auric

Post Number: 4
Nice price and if the site is trusted then why not.

Remember you don't have to install it yourself, any place that does install will do it for customer owned product.

Where i work video decks are 130 to install rather you buy it from us or bring it in.

But in the end the brain box is the only thing that will make this harder to install, if you have done regular decks and have a plan for where to mount the brain behind the dash you should be fine.

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 305
Ok, well the vm9311ts should be pretty similar to the 95, except you won't have the TV tuner antenna to deal with. Just be sure you don't make the brain too hard to get to in case you want to add an AV/Source, or anything like that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
yea im gonna end up buying it from sonic electronix...site looks alot better and it includes alot more details on what im getting...gives me more comfort =) lol ..its like 10$ more but im getting the i pod plug for it too so im saving shipping cause im doing it all in one shot from one site..but yea i would DEFF rather install it myself than pay 130...now im probably gonna have to buy somethings like a wire harness right? what am i gonna need...i have an aftermarket radio in already..dual makes mine..so i shouldnt need a bracket right? what else would i need to install>?

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 308
If you already have an aftermarket deck, you should already have a harness installed so you may be able to cut and re-match the wires from it if you're careful depending on how it was installed. If not, then you'll need a new harness (which I would generally reccomend anyway) which will plug into the factory harness from your car and then be wired to the harness coming from your new HU. Other than that, if you're happy with the mounting kit your current deck uses then you won't need one of those and your new deck should come with everything else you'd need unless the antenna adapter is different for some reason.

Username: Colts18

Post Number: 1
i bought the 9311ts on ebay for 316.94 and 20.18 for shipping.....there was still 6 left...

Bronze Member
Username: Mwyant19

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 23
hey i just bought a jensen vm9511ts, its a diff model but very similar. i have a stock unit in my car right now so im wondering what else i will need to buy... wiring harness, mounting kit... anything else? do i even need those?

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 424
mwyant, you'll need a car specific wire harness, car specific install kit, and probably a car specific antenna adapter depending on the car. Post the make, model and year of your car and we can probably give you direct links to the products you'd need.

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 26
I drive a 2005 Hyundai Elantra 4dr. Where would I find all this stuff.. and how do I know it will match my car? Thanx

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 430
I had a feeling it wasn't going to be something super simple like an 02 Civic, I'm just glad you didn't say '07 VW. Anyway, you should be able to do a search on the web for "2005 Hayundai Elantra ______" and just put in Dash Kit, Wire Harness or antenna adapter and you'll get a buch of results. The problem is, with newer cars you tend to run into issues that make install more difficult like oddly designed dash openings or factory "upgraded" audio systems. If you want to be certain it'll fit, you can go down to Best Buy or Circuit City or any actual relieable install place in your area, tell them the car you have and they should have the install stuff on hand. If you want to save some money just jot down the part numbers and then search for those online. I'd give you direct links to products but honestly it's a bit tougher to find stuff that I can tell you for sure will fit that particular car. You may also want to search around for an Elantra message board. That will probably have all the info you'd need as well. Sorry I can't be more specific, somebody else may chime in with part numbers for you.

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 29
thanx im gona do some research and see what i can find

Username: Lilmenance

How U doing guys??? well i need help installing my jensen VM9311TS well the problem is that i dont have the instructions and i need help with the pink cable well is the parking cable. well my problem is that i dont know where it goes n i need to install my dvd player ASAP... guys if u know how i would thank you so much...

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 467
Pablo, the online manual for the VM9311TS is here.

Username: Hellifino69n

I have a question about the VM9311TS...

I have everything hooked up right, well as far as i know...

I did cut and rematch the wires, and taped them up, every color is the same, and I have the battery, ground and ACC exactly how it should be. But I'm getting absolutely no power to the jensen at all...I mean, nothing... it wont even turn on.

I dont know wtf to do with that media module thing. And i did have it plugged into the cd player itself, and i noticed (from what i see of the little light) that its not getting power either. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Username: Hellifino69n

Post Number: 2
oh and the fuse isnt blown

Username: Brokenmonkey89

Cody, I don't know if you've figured it out yet, but did you match the colors from the stock wiring harness or did you buy an after market adapter for your vehicle? The colors of the wires from the stock wiring harness won't match the after market stereo, so you will have to use an after market wiring harness adapter.

Username: Parker6578

I bought the VM311TS..
And i own a 1997 Mercedes Benz C280.
I have no idea how to install it
and i lost the directions.
But i am positive i dont want to
pay the 150$ or whatever it is
to have it installed.
So can anyone give me
directions to do it myself?

Username: Parker6578

sorry i typed it wrong.
i mean VM9311TS..

Username: Espy

wow i see you guys write eachother like months later so ill go ahead and try to help you out incase you still need it, check all your fuses.. i mean all... than test your power wires with a Multi-meter.. most likely your system is amplified... whooaa sorry buddy, REWIRE!! looking at about $200 for that plus installation for the unit, dam mercedes =]
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us