{} Need an advice on getting a good sub and an amp {}

Username: Dacins

Post Number: 1
Hey all, I got a 99 grand am.....just changed all stock speakers on Infinity's Kappas.....so now i got 2 4x6 2-way plate in front and 2 6x9 3-way in the back.......the sound is awesome and the kick is really good....
I'm thinking on adding a sub with an amp.....so do u think I should stick with kappas and get 10" perfect kappa sub and an amp? is one subwoofer going to be good enough.......and what kind of amp should I get(or even sub if there are other a lot better)?
Accept any suggestions....

Silver Member
Username: Eseesai

Post Number: 245
ok like most experts here would say whats ur budget?

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 212
hey, don't mean to get off topic. but I was considering an upgrade to those infity kappa 462.7 plates for the front until my center console is done. how do they sound? loud? clear? good high's? do you recomend them?

Post Number: 2
about 350$

Post Number: 3
I think they sound good...very clear I'd say....if adding an amp to them can be louder

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
as for the sub question, it all depends on what you want out of it. what kind of music you listen to? 10" subs are very responsive. In my opinion, infinity kappa has good high's. The sub and amp can be found elsewhere better and cheaper.

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
you don't have an amp on those? They will come alive with an amp. Here is a good, inexpensive amp for the high's.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ORION-HP-4800-CAR-AUDIO-SPEAKER-4CH-AMP-AMPLIFIER-NEW_W0QQit emZ140050859609QQihZ004QQcategoryZ4950QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
Here is a good amp for the sub.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORION-HCCA-D1200-1-CHANNEL-CH-MONO-AMP-AMPLIFIER-NEW_W0QQite mZ280049060522QQihZ018QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2376
i can sell you a pg xenon 400.1 for $150 shipped.

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
here is a good 10" sub. jl audio 10w6v2. If you get it, specify dual 2ohm.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-Audio-10W6v2-10-Subwoofer-NEW-10W6-W6-SUB-NEW-2006_W0QQit emZ290050644267QQihZ019QQcategoryZ39776QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2378
i say get whatever vc of the sub, and my xenon amp! great combo and the amp puts out 400wrms 1-4ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2565
get a phoenix gold xenon sub and get that xenon 400.1 from ctmike ull have some good sub/amp combo

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
for the sub that impala63rag recommended its a good sub but the company is a sub-company of indoaudio i wouldnt recommend anything that has to do with indoaudio i had a bad experience with them. it took them like 4 months to deliver my amp and they said fast shipping my @ss fast shipping, but a great sub just look for another seller

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
4 months? i'd be knockin thier door down after a few weeks. then take thier teeth with my amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
i tried going down there but that freaking address they gave wasnt even a their location a called like 300 time and then finally they said they were in back order but i was pissed....oh and i think stu.pid indoaudio has like 4 sub-company's in ebay so everyone beware
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us