Can anyone figure out my Alpine prob. now?

Bronze Member
Username: Mike20

Post Number: 46
I downloaded the manual for the x-10 and have everything wired right on the sub for 2 ohms. Ive got the 1000 Alpine monoblock hooked up to it and it jus aint hittin like i know for a damn fact it should. Any thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2365
so everything is wired right? you have the gain set properly? also that sub will take more power than 1000w. and if you can't give the amp the proper power it needs you aren't even getting the full 1000w out of it.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2366
also, just checked and unless you have the pdx amp then you are really underpowering that sub. the m1000 (if thats yours) is 700wrms @ 14.4v @ 2ohm. so that right there is you're problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
hmmm.. so i guess thats when u go for an amp with more wattage. Probly not a good idea to hook up 2 amps to 1 sub would it

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2367
you can do that, lots of people do.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
i guess theres nothing i can do to draw anymore than 700rms outa that amp can i?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2369
ignore my post about the rms of the amp. went to alpine to get the real specs and they were different than the site i saw them at.
700wrms @ 12v
1000wrms @ 14.4v
those are the specs. still could give more power to the sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
I was just reading too... how do u get it to 14.4v instead of 12? or is that something you cnt change? Can you explain a little about the difference between the 2?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2371
you'll need a charging system big enough to supply the power. you have a stock alt.?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
yea its stock... actually i was gonna ask too... I got a powercap hooked up, but its about the wires. My main power wire is like a 2 Guage Rockford cable. But on my powercap i have a lot skinnier guage wire going from the cap to the amp and the ground from the cap. Do u think id be better off pullin the cap out and runnin the thicker cables straight to the amp?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2373
you don't need a cap., i'd take it out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us