Components with bass

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 301
Im tryin to get some new components for my jeep. ive basically sold all my amps and subs and im tryin to start over. what are some good components that hit hard (great bass). i would also need a good amp for these

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1325
In a jeep or a grand cherokee? Makes a difference. Try the CDT HD-62/M6. You'll be hard pressed for alot of bass unless you have them in pods but they do well in doors, make sure you deaden them well. Need about 200rms for them.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1176
Components with bass?

The reason engineers went with the 6" drivers is because they offer better speed and a more natural midrange than 8" or bigger woofers. They lack bass however, due to the size of the cone. There is a limit to how large of a wavelength that a 6" cone can create, especially if it is not in a decent enclosure. Kickpods and door applications are not even close to what an extended bass enclosure should be so that a 6" driver can create heavy bass.

If you are lookung for a 6" driver that hits hard, I would look for a driver that has a high BL of say 10-12 Tm or so. These types of drivers are more intended as subs rather than midrangers, so yes there is a trade off.

I believe that Sean had used some Tang Bang 6.5"s to hit 143 dBs so hit him up and see what models he used.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 614
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=9838330.12218&pid=2127

This one has been reported to have very good bass and midbass.

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
thanks for the help, i really didnt mean bass but i have pioneer 4ways right now and they have no midrange. So im lookin for some good components that wont break the bank but still have a small bit of thump when i turn my woofers off when say my mom gets in the car.

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 616
If your woofers are set up right, you should not have annoying bump at lower volume levels, your mom should be fine. If your subs bump too much you should re-evaluate the system's tuning.

What's your budget anyway?
Who knows, maybe $1000 won't break your bank.
Let us know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
nah, my budget is about 400 for components. My mom doesnt like bass at all so i turn my 15"sx of when she gets in but the songs just sound empty with the speakers i have now

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 620
Well, OK, get these guys here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-DLS-IRIDIUM-6-2-6-5-COMPONENT-SPEAKERS_W0QQitemZ19005136 4014QQihZ009QQcategoryZ18799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't think it can get better for the money if we are talking ready to go component set. You will need an amp for them.

Or you could get these:
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4967

Both of those sets will sound beyond your expectations if powered by an amp and installed properly:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us