LOUDEST SUB UNDER $1000 ?

Bronze Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 33
alright ya bassheads help me out here..wats the LOUDEST sub for under 1000 bucks.... sq means little to me im all about the DB's so heres some possibilitys ive thought of, (if your really bored feel free to rank the subs for spl,sq or both if ya want)

ATOMIC APXX 18
FI BTL 18
RE XXX 18
soundstream XXX 15
KICKER solo X 18

forgetin any?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2034
i HATE TO SAY THIS BUT... KICKER SOLO X 18...

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 401
dd 9918 ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
well hmm..im sure it has terrible SQ tho..just for fun...in my 98 range with a solid 10K burp ported enclosure 300 amp alternator, good wiring, and plenty of batterys what kind of numbers you think i could post?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2546
the atomic apxx for sure no ss xxx or re xxx but yeah the 9918 and apxx the apxx will get louder than 9915 hey u know the price of the apxx trey i heard is around 1200

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
yeah i forgot dd...shame on me...DD is probably one of the best brands out there...if not the best...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
1200 aint bad but how big a difference is it from the APXX to the BTL cuz the price diff is huuuuge

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3777
hehehe

how much power u got?? what amps? how many batts? and only 300amps available??
lol
:-)

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... \blink, red,...

Post Number: 2882
for SPL id rather take SOLO X outta those

Gold Member

Post Number: 2547
the btl and pxx have no comparison for me if your going with pure spl yoru only choices are dd and atomic , the apxx has my vote since the apx is juzz like the dd99 in output

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3779
lol, nicely said lilrob... :-)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2035
I'm talking about what is in the list not what you guys are adding. By far from the list the loudest (not best sounding) would be the solo, but if you would add the DD that is different. The Solo's increased surface area makes it a strong competator. Polo..:-)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3782

the increase cone area is a advantage...
but by goin by his list, something on there is still gonna spank its azz... and take way way more power than it!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8585
APxx FTW!!!!:-)

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 606
from that list IMO solo X

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
so exactly how bad SQ is teh solo X?

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8591
Solo X < Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

LAFOLLETTE, TN CAMPBELL

Post Number: 47
If they don't have SQ and they are no good for spl, then alot of people buy them then for giant square ashtrays!LOL

Bronze Member

LAFOLLETTE, TN CAMPBELL

Post Number: 48
WHAT IS A GOOD SUB FOR AROUND 350.00? ANYONE????

Bronze Member

LAFOLLETTE, TN CAMPBELL

Post Number: 49
WHAT ABOUT THE ARMAGEDDIN 15" U2

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1643
get your own thread and turn off the cap locks lol

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2888
how much money do u have for this jw i mean amps comps power everyhing cause for some reason i dont think u have enough for these lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
not counting sub(s) im lookin between 2-3 k for the rest of the system

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3371
did you answer how much power you have? unless you are a competitor theres no reason to get a solo x or many of those subs up there. of the list I'd get the SSXXX 15. baddass sub right there. but all those subs need insane power. can you give them it?

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 147
Forget the BS, get a DD 9918 Z class and be done. Just go steal a transformer off a power pole, cause you will need it to help feed the power ;) hehe

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
im buying everything at my car audio store except for the sub... but my budget is really 2-3k excluding the sub itself...so that should be enuf money to beef up the electrical system i would think. i really jsut dont wanna screw up and buy somethin that sounds like absolute crap just becuase im obsessed with SPL

Gold Member

Post Number: 2569
that ddz is not for sale it was juzz prototype

Bronze Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 11
Lots of subs out there are good but lets just leve it to the records: Scott Owens and his pioneer premier TS-W5102's hold the record and is the first to break the 180 db barrier. He holds the current WORLD RECORD for SPL at 180.3 db. DD is aslo very big in SPL world and are very good subs.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10074
^^^If it was 1 sub then yeah, but 13 big deal

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
It doesn't matter the nuber of subs because alot of times a car with one sub can hit higher SPL than a car with 2 or more subs. My brother an I went to a comp and a truck with one 15 hit the highest SPL at the comp and my brother's three JL W6's and Phoenix Gold Tantrim TI 1200.1(with birth sheet of 1646 watts) came in 4th in his class with every car above his had two or less subs. So wouldn't that make it harder to hit that high with having to support that many watts for these subs. A grand total of 32,500 watts RMS is needed to push 13 of these subs at their rated RMS power. Basically, it is easier to power one sub properly than multiple ones so I think he deserves some credit for doing it so well to have a WORLD record.

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 552
well congrats to him, but i dont think this dude is lookin to hookup 13 subs...

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 917
didn't look like anyone said MMATS Juggernaut? Add that to your list.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1649
serious spl? if your truely serious and want to compete you'd be better off walling 4 cheaper 15"s .. for the money or 4k .. seeing you'd spend 3k on everything but the sub/s you can get more.. for your money

for ex: on the same power.. 10,000 rms.. in a spl setup with two btl 15s would beat the solo x

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3372
you say its easier to run one sub than to run 32.5kw. for him it was a piece of cake. didnt he run over 100kw?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Yes, he ran over 157,000 watts. Of course its a piece of cake when you are sponsored but 180.3 db is still impressive and the loudest in the world.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10080
"It doesn't matter the nuber of subs because alot of times a car with one sub can hit higher SPL than a car with 2 or more subs. My brother an I went to a comp and a truck with one 15 hit the highest SPL at the comp and my brother's three JL W6's and Phoenix Gold Tantrim TI 1200.1(with birth sheet of 1646 watts) came in 4th in his class with every car above his had two or less subs. So wouldn't that make it harder to hit that high with having to support that many watts for these subs. A grand total of 32,500 watts RMS is needed to push 13 of these subs at their rated RMS power. Basically, it is easier to power one sub properly than multiple ones so I think he deserves some credit for doing it so well to have a WORLD record."

so much stuff icould say, but im gonna pass...its to early...if i remember i will say something about this later...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I forgot to add that he is feeding almost 5 times the rated RMS power of these subs. That should show you that they are pretty good subs.

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 455
ya but the pioneers that he used to get the world record were modified to handle the extra power werent they?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Not certain but don't think they were modified.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10082
like i said its to early to explain, all this stuff now...later..

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 457
im almost positive that they were modified

Gold Member

Post Number: 2577
in numbers now jbl and pioneer are better than dd now days, but in real time performace dd is still the champion but lets not forget about cactus,atomic evne treos and mmats are in the top juzz with dd, if u compare these manufactures the performance is very small between them.

Username: Denim

MD

Post Number: 3
most of the "loudest" title comes from install

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2901
okay i would just like to say scott owens hold the record not pioneer cause if he did the same install with diff subs it prob would have gotten the same results or better so u cant go on equip when #'s get that high its all install at that point. But 2-3 doesnt seem like it ill be enough lets see

1k-sub
600-charging system
300-hu
300-comps
300-amp for comp
800-amp for subs
100-wire
60-whatever depending on if u build or not box

thats 3460 and im sure it will be higher by the time ur done if u want serious results

just get something like a dd 9515 a orion 2500d that will be very loud and sound awesome at the same time and if its not enough and u want to upgrade u can send in ur 9500 to dd and they will up it to 99 for like 300 bucks cause all they do is change the soft parts and the cone its the same motor

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
"scott owens hold the record not pioneer"

I believe I said that Scott holds the record but still Pioneer deserves some credit because he uses all Pioneer Premier amps and subs. And for everyone out there talking about the # of subs can read up on Kyle Witherspoon's (2) Pioneer Premiers TS-W8102's that hit another world record in the Ultimate 1 devision with 177.2 db. Well not exactly 180.3 but close with only two subs.
And I have not heard or read anywhere that the subs were modefied.

Gold Member

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 3792
ok MFer...
this thread was not started to promote Pioneer crap... PIONEER is NOT loud...

as stated b4 loud is with the design... u can make flea market crap that loud!

Scott Owens is NOT even LEGAL according to the own dbDrag rules... but who cares... Pioneer has a wallet to pay him off and the judges.

if u want to know what loud is, look up Alan Dante with his DD17 sub which does a 177.8db.. thats loud... and thats LEGAL!

start a new thread if u wanna argue! :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why So Defensive? Mad?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3798
just mad at ignorant people like yourself! who make statements like yourself... with NO idea of what is really goin on... but yet still know it all?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Ignorant? Who was the first one to call another a MFer and start getting beligerant about my opinion? YOU!!! So if anyone is ignorant, it's you! All I did was give my opinion and my opinion wasn't to you, so we shouldn't even be posting. Reguardless how it was done the Scott Owens truck is stoll the highest in SPL.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3799
this is ignorant:

"Lots of subs out there are good but lets just leve it to the records: Scott Owens and his pioneer premier TS-W5102's hold the record and is the first to break the 180 db barrier. He holds the current WORLD RECORD for SPL at 180.3 db. DD is aslo very big in SPL world and are very good subs."

ESPICALLY THIS PART:

"It doesn't matter the nuber of subs because alot of times a car with one sub can hit higher SPL than a car with 2 or more subs. My brother an I went to a comp and a truck with one 15 hit the highest SPL at the comp and my brother's three JL W6's and Phoenix Gold Tantrim TI 1200.1(with birth sheet of 1646 watts) came in 4th in his class with every car above his had two or less subs. So wouldn't that make it harder to hit that high with having to support that many watts for these subs. A grand total of 32,500 watts RMS is needed to push 13 of these subs at their rated RMS power. Basically, it is easier to power one sub properly than multiple ones so I think he deserves some credit for doing it so well to have a WORLD record."

^^^^^^^^^ thats ignorant!

It just shows how much u really know, which is not much at all!!

NOW give me a check or visa with unlimited cash flow and I will show u a NEW world record... with LESS subs!! pick a brand or manufacturer, Ill use whatever...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3800
tellin someone about SPL, who knows way way more than you about SPL than you will ever know in your lifetime...

that is what I call IGNORANT!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3801
what EVEN funnier, your fried Scott Owens could not even get back up to 180 this year... LOL
better luck to him next year....

anyways, you are takin too long to respond... so Im off, Ill check back later on 2night! :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
""this is ignorant:

"Lots of subs out there are good but lets just leve it to the records: Scott Owens and his pioneer premier TS-W5102's hold the record and is the first to break the 180 db barrier. He holds the current WORLD RECORD for SPL at 180.3 db. DD is aslo very big in SPL world and are very good subs."

ESPICALLY THIS PART:

"It doesn't matter the number of subs because alot of times a car with one sub can hit higher SPL than a car with 2 or more subs. My brother an I went to a comp and a truck with one 15 hit the highest SPL at the comp and my brother's three JL W6's and Phoenix Gold Tantrim TI 1200.1(with birth sheet of 1646 watts) came in 4th in his class with every car above his had two or less subs. So wouldn't that make it harder to hit that high with having to support that many watts for these subs. A grand total of 32,500 watts RMS is needed to push 13 of these subs at their rated RMS power. Basically, it is easier to power one sub properly than multiple ones so I think he deserves some credit for doing it so well to have a WORLD record."

^^^^^^^^^ thats ignorant! ""
-------------------------------------------------------

FACTS ARE NOT IGNORANT
Fact: Scott Owens hit 180.3
Fact: The truck with the one 15 had the highset SPL of comp.
Fact: My brother came in 4th in his class with (3) 12" JL W6's and the cars in first through third had 1 or 2 subs.
Fact: Easier to power one sub (which means not a whole lot of electrical upgrades needed to power your amp to push one sub to its potential)
Fact: Can hit a Higher SPL with less subs.
(Which you said yourself.)

Thats all that was stated in my posts!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Telling someone they don't know nothing when you can't even construct a sentence or spell correctly. I can do both and that doesn't say much for you than.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3383
Don't mean to be a pain in the a$s but that last post is not good grammer, might want to log into your profile and edit it, being that is what your talking about.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3803
here we go agian... :-)

"FACTS ARE NOT IGNORANT
Fact: My brother came in 4th in his class with (3) 12" JL W6's and the cars in first through third had 1 or 2 subs.
Fact: Easier to power one sub (which means not a whole lot of electrical upgrades needed to power your amp to push one sub to its potential)

Thats all that was stated in my posts!"

--------------------------------------------------------

Your facts are mixed up, misconceptions...
you seemed too confused...

You have 1 proven fact that you stated which is:
scott owens hit 180.3! <<world record :-)

these are your conclusions NOT FACTS!

The truck with the one 15 had the highset SPL of comp.

My brother came in 4th in his class with (3) 12" JL W6's and the cars in first through third had 1 or 2 subs.

Easier to power one sub (which means not a whole lot of electrical upgrades needed to power your amp to push one sub to its potential)

Can hit a Higher SPL with less subs.(Which you said yourself.)

----------------------------------------

NOW where to start:

Can hit a Higher SPL with less subs.

^^^ NOPE do not put words in my mouth... ^^^^^

PHYISCS of it all: the MORE the better, NOT the less... like u are implying....

MORE = more cone area, more air to be generated... (easier to get loud)

Its HARDER to make a single sub be louder than 13 subs!! - FACT! (not what you are saying)
Its MORE impressive is what Im saying! :-)

forward to the other misconceptions...

Easier to power one sub (which means not a whole lot of electrical upgrades needed to power your amp to push one sub to its potential)

of course its easier to power 1 sub (agreed)...
I dont see ur point in this statment either...

the other 1

My brother came in 4th in his class with (3) 12" JL W6's and the cars in first through third had 1 or 2 subs.

so whats really ur point here again???
yall came 4th???
--------------------------------------------

its also not my fauly my wireless keyboard batteries been dieing for the last 3mnths... :-)
Im also not in a gramer class or typing a formal letterhead... stupid.. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
This is getting rediculously off of the thread's original topic.Let this be the last of the posts.
I did not put words into your mouth:
"NOW give me a check or visa with unlimited cash flow and I will show u a NEW world record... with LESS subs!! pick a brand or manufacturer, Ill use whatever..." (your words not mine)
How can I conclude the results of a competition?You might as well say that Scott Owens record is a conclusion. What I said is what had happened in the past. 3 years ago this happened.
I realize that more cone area makes it easier to move more air but not if you can't support the amps and clipping occurs.

We came in 4th with no sound dampening, plastic trunk lid, and stock alt and bat. 3 12" subs were in a sealed box. Was not designed for SPL, but we wanted to see what it would do. Weren't going for any records.

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 4
Where are the mods to stop this off topic flaming?

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Working on a secret pr..., Oregon USA

Post Number: 546
No mods here.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10087
i should be...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3804
lol drivinreckless...

I cant belive the nerve of some people!

lets take a closer look to his facts again...

YES - PROVEN

NO - your personal conclusion!

(so in other words, whatever comp u go to, the person with less number of subs is gonna win??) :-) stupid people

NO - another conclusion to prove his point

(again to prove his point, just have less subs than the other person and you will be louder)

YES
Fact: Easier to power one sub

(ok, agreed its easier to power 1 sub... but its NOT easier to get 1 sub LOUDER than 2 subs (SPL?)

HELL NO!

(again ur facts are misconceptions...)

------------------------------------

"NOW give me a check or visa with unlimited cash flow and I will show u a NEW world record... with LESS subs!! pick a brand or manufacturer, Ill use whatever..." (your words not mine)

and ur point? where did I say its easier to make 1 sub louder than several?? Give me the money, Ill use even MORE subs, if thats what u want...

u seem VERY confused STILL...
its more impressive to make less subs get louder!! ITS NOT EASIER!! like u state!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Talk about putting words in peoples mouths:

"so in other words, whatever comp u go to, the person with less number of subs is gonna win??) "

All I said was this is what happened at this competition. I did not say that the car with one sub will ALWAYS win. I simply said it is possible if done right. It's in the car, enclosure, as well as the sub and amp. You cant say that one 15 can't be louder that two 12's every time. Thats not true.

I really don't care anymore. This is rediculous.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3805
run sinful, run... lol
we all knew u are full of sh!t!
and that dont smells good....

read back through ur statements buddy... no need to change now....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Wow! Real mature! Why don't you come talk to me when you grow up and have some respect.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Suddenly in America we can't have an opinion and everything that has happened in the past is BS.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Yes, but that doesn't give anyone the right to disrespect. I did no such thing until this argument, and I was not the first. When you grow up and have kids you will realize that your kids act the same way you did when you were a kid. Then you can understand where I am coming from.

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 5
I was not trying to be a pain, just have seen some good forums go bad when arguements are not moderated because things can esclate very quickly and get personal.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3806
wow,
he is back at it again....

lets try to make this go to 200 post!

there u go.. your opinion NOT a fact
"
Suddenly in America we can't have an opinion and everything that has happened in the past is BS
"

so now you are saying those were ur opinions NOT facts??

u are 1 confused adult!

:-) and Im not arguing, im having fun... I can do this ALL day.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
I wasn't talking about you but at least one person has some respect.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
Thats great B, Why don't you stop living off your parents and get a job. CAN YOU READ?
"and everything that has happened in the past is BS"
My opinion is that pioneer premier is not crap and was worthy of being discussed in this thread. The facts I stated are simply past events and if past events are conclusions or opinions to you, than so be it. Your loss of reality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3811
well said drivin.. lol
its been that way for the longest....

Ive got into it with many on this forum, which turned into friendships... lol
we are all here to learn something NEW!

if Im wrong just prove it to me, or have some logical explaination... but u had no logic to back up ur incorrect facts or statements!

and now want to cry... thats why i said run for it....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3812
ur welcome sinful...
ANYTIME... :-O

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8612
Basically, it is easier to power one sub properly than multiple ones so I think he deserves some credit for doing it so well to have a WORLD record.

ANY BODY can buy amps out of their azz to power subs...that isn't hard. but NOT anybody can manipulate 1 sub to hit higher than someone with more subs....too bad i don't have a time machine...or i i could have aid that earlier, w/o getting offensive, and we could have avoided all this.

Denim, this forum is unmoderated, and a lot of people leave it b/c of that reason. but we do not flame per say, just correct the misinformed, but sometiems it does get out of hand. and people don't help by adding pics and all that shyte...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7401
B is absolutely correct, Pioneer has unlimited funds to grease the hands of the installers, the judges, and prob the people at term lab aswell, it wouldnt suprise me at all. Now if you were to give DD, atomic,RE,Treo,ECT.... the same wallet forget about it!!!!!!!!!! that record would be shattered with 1/3 the subs and power. You picked the wrong guy to get into it with in the SPL lanes in this thread, B know's his SH!T! We understand that you have opinions everyone is entitle to them but when your opinion can be corrected by PROVEN facts then your opinions need to change sometimes. That's the beauty of opinions they can be swayed at any time when disproven.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
I agree that there are better subs out there but I figured this thread needed some other suggestions because most of these threads talk about the same subs.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1082
Think it's time for my all time favorite? Most of you have seen it.

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1083
Time to stop. Admins in the house.:-(

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 433
lol this thread got annihilated

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1084
Amen!

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1085
D@mmit!! Just when I got reformed. Quote from the Godfather 3: "Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!!"

Silver Member
Username: Leew

illegal immigranto , Yokosuka, ... SPESNAZ ZOMB...

Post Number: 734
sorry admin,it wasn't me...just my comp! he liked everything what is hot!

Silver Member
Username: Leew

illegal immigranto , Yokosuka, ... SPESNAZ ZOMB...

Post Number: 735
so guys,what is the best sub under the 1k

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9756
i was wondering where da hell the rest of the thread went -lol .............

Gold Member

Post Number: 3847
lol,
we were up to like 200 post...

this had to have been the most funny thread, b4 it got deleted... I mean it was LOADED!!

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3424
deleted? i see it all lol

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2041
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3853
lol

we had over 100 pics posted here....

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3429
ohh lol.

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 118
JL 13w7

just thought I'd add my 5-cents

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8628
here we fackin go^^^^^......

Gold Member

Post Number: 2591
dide he compared the jl 13w7 to the woofers mentioned earlier???

Username: Aq_hd3_15

Mount.vernon, MO U.S

Post Number: 1
i would go with an audioque 18
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us