Up or back?

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 460
i dont have any advice for a friend of mine, hes going with some 18s in a SEALED box and he thinks he should face them up, im not sure. its in an SUV... anyone?

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3772
face them back if sealed...

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3360
hmmm. try both if you can. i know ported is subs up port back for SUVs. with my ava it seemed to my ear louder when facing back and as far away from back hatch as possible.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3361
I think one way it may be better up is if the sub is really close to the back hatch ..?

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
its going to be like 10 or 12 cu ft for sure and the subs will probably be within a few inches of the hatch if they are faced back...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8580
try em both. personally, i would face them back....but i see a LOT of people with the subs up...but then again, most of those are ported boxes:-)

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 205
for port back sub up...

does the port have to be centered? cant u just do a regular slot port as if the sub was going to be firing the same way as the port...

Silver Member

Post Number: 463
sure you can, Andreezie... but this guy wants sealed... and muddy, its hard to really try it both unless i just tamper with some junk laying around because once the box is in there with them facing up or back it has to stay that way, permenently...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us