Sub Recommendations

Username: Huskermike

Post Number: 4
I'm looking to add a second sub to my system. I have an Infinity Kappa 10" 100.1SE already, and I have a nice employee discount on some Infinity and JBL subs. I have a spare 10" box, so I'm looking at getting another 10" sub. These are my options right now.

Infinity REF1050W or REF1052W
JBL GTO1002D or GTO1004D
Infinity Kappa 102.7W or 104.7W
JBL P1022 or P1024

Or I might spring for an Infinity Kappa Perfect 10DVQ or 10VQ.

Any recommendations or non-recommendations? It's going in the trunk of a 2000 Chevy Cavalier, and both the 100.1SE and the new sub will be powered by an Infinity REF611A sub amp.

And just in case you're curious, the rest of my setup is a pair of original Boston Acoustics Rally 6x9's and a pair of Eclipse 4x6's, all powered by an Alpine Expert V12 amp, and my head unit is a Pioneer DEH3400 (probably the least impressive component in the system, ironically).

Thanks in advance!

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 773
Dont mix 2 diff. types of subs, i dont think its a good idea.

Id would either get another kappa like u have, or sell the one u have and get 2 matching subs.

Post Number: 5
Jordan,

Another option I'm thinking about is selling the Kappa enclosure and the spare box, then getting one 12" or 15" sub to replace them; I just don't know if I'll get the same quality or thump that I'd get from two subs. I'm trying to stick with Infinity or JBL since I get about a 50% discount with them; do you know of any of their 12's or 15's that you'd recommend?

Post Number: 6
New development: I'm probably going to buy my brother's pair of 12" aluminum DVC Eclipse subs. The problem will be fitting them in the trunk. Thanks for the help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us