Pioneer Avic N3 versus Eclipse AVN7000

Username: Nutsnbolts

United States

Post Number: 1
Sorry for the newbie question but I'm just getting into this car multimedia/gps/ipod intergration in-dash systems. From what I have been hearing, reading, speaking with people in general, the Pioneer seems to be a top brand, along with Eclipse. I know there are other brands out there but I'm looking to spend between 0-2500 tops (including installation).

More cost doesn't mean better but I noticed between the two is one has a Harddrive (Eclipse). Obviously there are advantages to this as opposed to the N3 where (after viewing the pioneer website), you have to take out the DVD Nav disc back and forth with the music disk. It has a feature of memory navigation to try and compensate that but as feature packed as this N3 is, is it worth the buy in comparison to the eclipse or any other Harddrive equipped models?

These are only two examples that "wow'd" me. I'm sure some others here can make other suggestions?

Here is what I'm looking to do with it:
1. Navigation
2. Sirius Radio
3. DVD watching
4. XM Traffic
5. Possible rear view camera
6. Ipod intergration (including in dash controls).
7. Possible bluetooth wireless.

Everything that I have listed here seems to be available with the N3. The eclipse doesn't really give too much details. Anyone else here can make other suggestions or experience?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us