Should I add a 3rd RE SX12

Silver Member
Username: Rickeyd87

Post Number: 109
Hi, right now I have two RE SX12 each powered by a Hifonics bxi1606d. I was wondering if I should upgrade to a 3rd SX12 and buy another hifonics amp to power it. Two dont really get loud enough for me, I have a 91' Caprice and the trunk is so big and my 12's look so little in there. Will a 3rd sub make it alot louder or just a little bit? If i do decide to get a 3rd one, I plan on getting a customized box like this for it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-MTX-Sledgehammer-T7510X3-3-10-Sub-Loaded-Box-FS-NR_W0QQi temZ110052790966QQihZ001QQcategoryZ32823QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Probably tuned at about 35hz, with about 6cubes. How do you think it will sound?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Www.Audioque.comUSA

Post Number: 2419
How big is your box now, whats it tuned to?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1647
if two of those are not getting loud enough for you it had to be with your install.. enclosure and amount of power your giving those subs.. they can get really loud.. I'm assuming your backseats do you fold down in the Caprice? if thats the case try opening up the spot bellow your rear window and fire the subs/ports up into the cabin.. you'd see a big gain without spending much money

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 606
Yeah those trunks are big, could put a few bodies in there. Just do what our RE man said, it will be cheaper and it'll sound much better:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us