My Alpines Are Blown..!! I think???????

Bronze Member
Username: Mike20

Post Number: 36
I dont know what else to do with my Alpine x-10's.. The only one other thing i havent been able to try was a different box but, i have 2 10" x-10's but im only hooking one up. But im having the same problem/sound coming from both of them when i try either one. It kinda sounds like something with the sub is vibrating or hitting.. How do i know if their blown?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2330
push in on the center of the cone. can you hear a scratching noise or is it really hard to push in?

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 215
when sound is comming from both of them and there both moving then either both work or if only one is wired from the amp then you have air leaking into the other chamber of the box. i could be wrong but with the subs viberating or hitting something? i dont know what to tell ya. but yeah to tell if its blown read above.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
its somewhat hard to push down.. But it feels normal to me..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
No i only have 1 hooked up all by itself.. Could a little bit of a leak in the box really distort the sub, or just not make it hit as hard?

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 217
put your ear right next to them then. push in the middle cuz if you push on the edge of any sub it will make that crunchy noise. make sure its moving evenly around the whole sub. and push and make sure its moving a fair amount. (ive never tried it but ive herd from numerous people that its the way to tell)

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 218
and not really cuz ive had that problem with mine and it doesent really make a whole lot of difference but ive alwase had a hard time with keeping the air in the chambers when building my own box. push on the sub and if the other sub moves when pushing on one then its a leak but shouldent distort them that much or make them hit that much less. shouldent be a BIG noticeable difference.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
ok so while its on and the sub is moving a little, put my ear near it and push down hard or light in the middle of the sub? And then see if it makes that "crunchy" noise? hah

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2331
no, not on. turn it off and then do it. the cone should move easily with no noise.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
ok.. im gonna go run out to the truck and see hold on...

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 220
its not gonna be a real loud noise so if its on theres no way in hell you will here it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
ok i left it off and put my ear up to it and pushed down a few times... Didnt hear anything at all. Its a little more firm to push than a lot of subs because it doesnt have a foam seal like a lot of subs. Its a really thick rubber seal around the cone so it seems like it just takes a tad more effort to push down. What do u think?

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 224
thats normal (anyone correct me if im wrong at anytime lol). but yeah i dont know. but the other sub leaking is a leak in the chamber. what i usually do is get a mirror and a light and put caulk on my finger and use the mirror to see where i missed or whatever on the front part of the box where the speakers drill in. usually where i have the biggest problem sealing the subs.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2334
is it kinda hard to push down? sorta hard to tell without being their nut you should be able to easily push down with one finger.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 225
that and when there both hooked up completely you will notice they wont be hitting at exactly the same time and thats because its leaking. oh yeah, on your subs, when you hook one up it works just fine? but when you hook them both up they sound like sh.it? or what exactly is it. or is it just one doesent work period really?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
well, yea you can push it down with one finger but it doesnt push down as easy as lets say my old 10" jl audio w0. Just so u kno its only 1 alpine 10 hooked up. I have to but ive only got 1 in the box. The box is all sealed inside so their seperated..

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 226
well my problem i had with my 2 12 inch kickers were when i had one going it sounded great but when i hooked both of them up they sounded like complete A.SS. but someone swiched the positive and negative wires on one sub (guess i mixed it up inside the box on installation) but they swiched it and they sounded normal. dont know if thats the problem but this info might help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
well i dont kno what to do anymore.. Smash em'... Ummm im so agrivated now. So u think maybe the only thing i havent done and get a different box and try it out?

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 229
no if its that bad its not the box unless its leaking out someware else on the outside but if they sound like there hitting something then i dont know what to tell you. turn it on and run your hand around the edges of the box. but from what your saying kinda sounds like its not the box. i would go check out a car audio place or something make sure its the subs before you start breaking sh.it. lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
hah.. yea im talking to my friend online right now and he said the car they were in were soundin good right before he took them out and sold them to me. Same amp same sub and everything. I just got them without boxes so i only stuck one in the box ive got so suposably they worked great. Guess ill bring em to a shop.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 231
oh well if they never worked for you ever then you got robbed. time to get a bat and take out some kneecaps. hahahaha i thought they worked then started suckin or something.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us