Kicker cvx and kicker zx750.1

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 213
ok i was looking at getting a kicker cvx 12 with a kicker zx750.1 (in a scion tC) ok those 2 things are gonna cost me approx. 500 bux. anyone know a louder system for that much? or better? i plan on later when i have more money getting 2 more (3 total) cvx's and getting a kicker zx1500.1 to power those 2 (3 12's and 2 amps). what yall think.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2329
don't really like the idea of running 2 subs off one amp and another sub with another amp. i'd say if you go with those just get the pair of subs. and thats a really good price for the amp/sub if brand new from a dealer.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 214
well i dont like having alot of things cuz i want 3 subs in the end i would like to have 2 right now but tight on money so just need something to get me by my 2 cvr's got jacked and the amp so im guessing one of these should be as loud as both of those hopefully. so would it be better to run the 3 of them off of 3 750.1's oh well not to worried about it right now im wondering if thats the best for the money oh yeah getting off of www.onlinecarstereo.com pretty good deals there.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 216
sorry for no puncuation im not good at remembering and im pretty sure i dident spell puncuation right did i?

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 223
anyone else know anything?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Www.Audioque.comUSA

Post Number: 2420
heres a cheaper amp http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3788

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 234
you have to pay shipping there. so its all about even. except the sub is like 10 bux more so all together it will probably be about the same or like a few bux more

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3794
You may want to try an Fi SSD12 w/ the flatwound coil (dvc 2ohm) and maybe a Sundown Audio 1500d.

You could run the 1500d at 1ohm and kinda baby that 1 SSD for alil while till you got a second SSD. Then run the 1500d at .5ohm.

The CVX's are nice subs, but the ones i have heard were really lacking in the SQ department.

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 198
since your planin on movin up, you'll want to plan ahead to keep that goal in mind. It sucks to take a loss on stereo equiptment when you have to replace it. It's easy to do, especially when you want something immediately. so choose wisely.

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
If it was me, and i wanted three subs. I would run them in series and drop it to a 1.3 ohm load. it's cheaper to get one big amp, than it is to get three smaller ones.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 237
thats why i said before one guy said something. i plan on getting a 750.1 then getting another amp kicker zx1500.1 to power the other 2. so ill have the same ammount of watts running to all the subs and i plan on getting 4 ohm subs and wiring them to 2 ohms. so all the power and everything will be equal to all 3 (or one for now). anyone know what db would i be hitting with one of these? and with 3. about? just wondering in the ballpark

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
looks like you did your homework

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 238
yeah i pretty much know what i want. but i wanted to come on here and get a few opinions to see if theres something better. the only reason why it will take me a while to get my car done is cuz i want a fast car too. so ill get the one sub to get me by till i can get some real cash. but yeah i plan on putting all this in a 07 scion tC. gonna have pioneer deh-7700. got stolen but still got 3 years on the warrenty at circuit city so ill get a cheap used one or something.

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 240
OH YEAH another quick queston. 3 12 inch cvx's pointing up in the tC, will that back glass shatter? or crack? and if it does what do you do. put plexi glass in its place? how much for that repair? pretty sure one wont do it will it?

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 737
it wont crack or shatter.
i got a tc as well and are u taking out the back seat for the box or can u fit 3 subs in there? cuase i got 2.1cuft box for one sub and it barely fits

also another question, how is the SQ on a 15" solobaric L7? good or bad
im not trying to steal your thread man, just this one quesiotn

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3797
if you shatter your glass w/ 3 12" CVX's...i'll give you a dollar :-)

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 241
ok well i was just wondering cuz i know 2250 rms watts is quite a bit. i dont know how durable glass is to bass. and yeah im sure you can fit 6 12s back there if you got enough money lol but 3 sounds reasonable for show and SQ and SPL. but yeah thats not getting done for like a year probably lol. looking for more speed right now in my car. anyone know the db one cvx will hit? about? as for the L7, herd since its a square design its more spl not sq but im sure you knew that but i dont know exactly ive never really herd one. so i couldent tell ya.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 740
yea i knoew its square but i just got through telling someone it was a spl sub and not really a sq sub and he fired right back saying im an idiot and have no idea what im talking about and since im not a pro with this so i just agreeed and choose not to argue with him

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 243
unless you know the strait faqs then yeah i probably would of done the same thing. but yeah i cant tell ya ive herd it is and ive herd its just as clean as the rest of the subs. i know for a fact the cone isent as durable as the rest cuz ive herd that since its a square its putting pressure points in different points on the cone and not in all around the same spot. i dont know if thats gonna break it easier or not but ill just stick to the cvx circle since i know more about it and want really loud but still want alittle sound quality. and yeah ive herd there insanely loud. ive herd and know for a fact you get more bang for your buck with the cvr's but if you want more you pay more and i deffiatly want more. within reason of my bank account. lol.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 742
haha yea i hear you, if i knew more about it, id argue, but not trying to start sh_t when i dont know 100% what im talking about
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us