Should i run Parallel, Series or Neither???

Bronze Member
Username: Mike20

Post Number: 31
Alpine x-10, with an alpine mrd-m1005 monoblock. These subs can be wired all different ways. Im going to hook up only one to that amp. What way should i wire it? You can move these clips and wire it differently. So which is it, Series, Parallel, or what? The sub says on it its a 4Ohm+4Ohm

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3281
if its dual 4 ohm then you should wire it parallel for a 2 ohm load

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Ok, so i should move the clip so its running parallel, so do you know if their should be 2 sets of wire coming from the sub? 1 positive and negative for each voicecoil? Or running parallel eliminates seperating the voice coils, and wiring parallel its like wiring both voice coils with one set of wires.. Did i confuse you?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3284
you've already confused yoruself lol. here...
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=1+woofer&WoofImp= Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Ive actually tried to copy that similar wiring guide and i did... Even though the alpine sub is set up a little different i pretty much did what it shows on that link and it still seemed to not sound right.. Do u think i should wire it like it shows, But also pull out the clips on the sub?? I left them in when i wired it using this diagram. Thanks for the help

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3293
i dont know what "clips" are.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1214
Dont you have the manual? Did you check the site? dont be so lazy. Do some research.

Look at the 2 ohm wiring.
http://www.alpine-usa.com/images/products/documents/OM_SWX-1042D.pdf

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Chill out im downloadin the manual now.. Dont get hostile. I dont know either. On the subs theres these 2 clips that u can pull out to wire them different ways. Thats why i was wandering, cause u can move the clips to Series, Parallel, or i can leave them where their at...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3300
theres no other way to wire them than series or parallel lol

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1047
sure there is...use 2 amps and wire them seperately....but not something I would do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us