Hey Trevor...

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 233
... on your box, did you buy a terminal cup or are you going to use those lil gold terminal things you found? I found some copper plated bolts in my home town, I was thinking of using those for my direct connection.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3278
I am not going to use terminal cups. I am going to probably use steel bolts like marshall because i cant find and copper bolts and he says he sees no effect on his setup. so if you've found copper bolts I'm sure those should work great. The only downfall someone brought up is that you may have to clean them because copper tarnishes and gets green and crap lol.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

Digital Designs, Raleigh BWO ... USA

Post Number: 152
how do the copper bolts work? just attach the wire to each side? thats pretty cool if thats how it works cuz it wont lose conductivity.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3282
run the bolt through, have washers on each side (2 each side with the little resistance washers too) and have terminals on the wire, slide through and tighten.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

Digital Designs, Raleigh BWO ... USA

Post Number: 153
o ok ive never thought of doing that...it probably comes out cheaper than wiring terminals too

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3286
terminal cups arent expensive but lotf have problems leaking or what not and i dont want to deal with that.

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3754
I prefer just to drill a hole, pass my very thick wire thru the back of the box, and liquid nail that hole, to make it air tight...
rember to tie a not so u cant pull the wire all the way out the box...

I cant tell the last time we used terminals, I actually hate them! :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8560
^^^Upload^^^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us