HU and component speakers

Username: Chewy_nougat

Mesa, AZ USA

Post Number: 5
Looking for direction on a decent HU and four speakers. I have a USamps Exterminator 100 watt amp, a Rockford Fosgate Punch 150, and Two 10 inch Cerwin Vega subs. I picked these up used. They're going into a 97 Ford Explorer. Budget is around $700 for both deck and speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 602
Pioneer or Alpine for the deck.
For the speakers you have got to try these:
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4967
You would want to power them with an amp.

Enjoy the music:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Tc_skier

Post Number: 25
i didnt know zapco speakers were any good? how do they compared to boston pro 60s and dynaudio gt240s?

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 608
Yes, the Reference and the Competition series are very good, because they are made for Zapco by an Italian company - ESB.
They have very modern motor designs so yes they would sound more accurate than Bostons and I hate to say it, but in linearity they would even beat the GT's.
See, I love Morel and Dynaudio, but them boys have to upgrade their motors, cause they are falling behind some speakers that are cheaper.

For example, the LINEAR coil travel on GT's is 6mm peak to peak, but on these guys:
http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=9838330.12218&pid=1044
it's 10mm peak to peak AND those are only 5.5" drivers compared to Dynaudio 6's:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
so they could be a better speaker than the gt's? also...i was looking at elemental designs eDi 6500s cause they're relatively cheap and look pretty nice...do you know how these would compare also? i guess my debates back on lol....zapco, dynaudio, or eD.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
skip zapco, skip ed....dynaudio gt's for $615 or cdt es-620z for $490?

Silver Member

IRL

Post Number: 622
I would pick Dynaudio over CDT, but that's just me:-)
Go with the Dyn's, I think you'll like the sound, just make sure you give them plenty of clean power:-)
Let us know how it works out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us