Ok one last bit of advice from you guys on box design.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

Digital Designs, Raleigh BWO ... USA

Post Number: 135
Ok im building my new box for SQL...it will be tuned to 32 or 33 hz. I am running four 12s and they will be facing straight up. and i want to do the port facing straight back...would it hurt it if my box is like 4 inches from the back gate of my jeep. would it sound good if i faced the port towards the inside of the jeep? i have cloth seats in there so it shouldnt block too much.

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 219
I was always taught to port to the back. Something to do with the resonance, if I'm not mistaking...somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I'd like to be informed too!

Hey G D, I know you said you were from Warren County, what part? I have mad fam in Manson!

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
thats cool my brother actually lives in manson and one of my best friends...where are u from trell? im from Wise but i used to hang out all over the place and do the usual thing and beat down the block in henderson and hang out in wally world lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
I'm from Henderson, b.w.o. Kittrell! Basically no where! lol Yea I feel ya on the Wal-Mart thing, nothing else to do but ride the up and down Dabney and got to Wal-mart or Pizza Hut!

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
lol hell yea...ive proly seen ya around there before what do u drive? and im guessin you arent running power acoustik crap from ultrasound like everybody else in henderson

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
would everybody else say face the ports to the back too?

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
I drive a Burgundy 1998 Ford Explorer.Nah, I'm not running PA, right now I'm running some Pioneer Premiers...but they're about to get sold, I'm setting up for 2 Audioque SD2.5s' 15's!! I've only ordered one as of yet, but the other is soon to come, I'm working on the box right now. Here's a design for that...

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
damn that box should be lethal...the box i have built as of right now is tuned to 40 hz but i really dont like how it sounds for everyday driving...so ima keep the box i have for competiton use and build a new one tuned to around 33 hz your box is about the same size as mine will be...im running 9 cubes net. what are you planning to do with ur spair tire? im thinking about ditchin mine and getting a can of fix a flat lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
Well my spare tire is mounted under the car, so that isn't a problem. Where are you going to compete? Have you seen any competitions close to here, cause I haven't heard of any.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
theres one in roanoake rapids on dec 17th...if you will have your stuff in we should def ride..im tryin to get my boy with 3 L715s to come and another with a solo x 12 in an escape so i want to be rollin deep lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
That's what's up! How about this, send me an email @ dontrellharris1986@yahoo.com We can definitely go out there. Is there a registration deadline?

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
im not sure...ill get up with them and see...in the mean time here is a sketch up of my next box. 11.14 cubic feet total, 7x15x20 internal dimensions port and proly covered in grey vinyl. It will also be flush fit to the sides of the jeep to look like it is part of the jeep.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
Hey where were you going to get your vinyl from? I was really thinking about doing my box in vinyl.

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
Hey where were you going to get your vinyl from? I was really thinking about doing my box in vinyl.

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
last time i got it off of ebay and it looked nice...there is some place here in raleigh and a shop in henderson that does it too...you will pay out of the @$$ for it..ebay is pretty cheap

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
what 12s are you going to be running?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1531
looks like my box.
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
Nice box! Have you had it metered yet?

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
damn i hope i dont infringe on any copyrights lol...that looks real nice...what kind of 12s are you runnin?...im goin to run 4 DD audio 1012s on an orion HCCA-D5000.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1532
There ED 16ov.2s and 2 ED NINe.1 amps strapped at 2ohm.

153.7dB on a TL mic was my loudest. There hitting close to 152.6dB now. The box is tuned to 33hz with 126sqin of port, 13 cubes before displacement and like 11.2 after.

Everythings coming out next weekend..It's time for something new.

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
damn thats great...whats the RMS wattage on those subs? and really close to my box lol...im running 11.4 before displacement and ports tuned to 33 Hz. did you build the box yourself and if so how did you do the vinyl trim peices on there?

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1533
A shop by me did the vinyl trim and plexi inserts. They use 1/4 mdf(any wood will work) and cut out the design and wrap the vinyl over. They used staples to hold in on and of course some kind of glue. The subs are 650/1100rms, Im giving them around 700each give or take. I believe the 12s are 600/1000rms but I could be wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3317
thats a real nice lookin system jake. how did you hit 153? im guessing door open at the kick right?

Bronze Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 48
Being that close to the back of the gate it will effect the tuning... but in most cases maybe 1-2 Hz lower. I have run that basic premise in several HT applications I have designed for companies. You run the end of the port within a specific distance from the inside of the enclosure (say .75-1" for a 3"diam flared port) and it will effectively tune things lower without the extra actual port length... handy to do sometimes.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1534
trevor, it was on the dash everything closed...when i would open anything it would go down. thanks btw.

scott, it is 6-7 inches from the back gate, even tho it looks alot closer. But yes im sure it does change some tuning.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9733
jake - i thought u told me u were gonna do a wall with those same subs , plans changed ?......

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1535
im too busy...i havent even been thinking about subs for the last few months because of school and hockey...i might be getting a couple FI Qs not sure when tho.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9734
Now ur talking - 4 15s FI Q & ur the new SQL king ......

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
i wanted to run a wall at one point but i didnt think it would be good for every day driving purposes.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9736
yep a wall is very unpractical 4 daily since u can only see using side mirrors not 2 mention every1 sees ur sh!t which makes u a east target 4 jacking ur stuff - all that noise right behind ur head gets old quite fast too .......

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
lol i beleive it...im sure the sound isnt quite as clean either without anything to bounce off of.

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
hey trell where did you find those copper bolts at? were they expensive?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us