New amp, weird popping noise commin from subs

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4125
i got my new amp, hooked it up, and the only thing i did diferently,was instead of hookin my REM to the remote behind the HU, i hooked it to the radio fuse... now, when i turn my car on (cranking it) right when i do that, there is a huge BOOM sound comin from my subs. and then it doesnt do that when im listenin to the radio, but when i put in a CD, while the cd loads, its doi the big boom sound again, and then, when i switch tracks it does it... like a big popping boom sonund. n e one know?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4126
and i dont think its my ground, cuz i didnt change it from my last amp, and it didnt do this noise

Bronze Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 43
what amp is it?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4127
a8002v, i wish i knew what this problem was. it didnt happen with my ol a8002t amp, so i dont know.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1581
ive hooked up a system before that was doing that. does it make the noise when u turn the car off or on?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4128
i think both. but when i turn the car on, when i actually crank it, it makes a really big one, and then the poping noise when i flip tracks.

Gold Member

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1584
ya ive done a system that has done that before. i just dont know the cause of the problem.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4129
dam

Gold Member

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1586
somethin to do with the rcas or remote!

...possibly even a ground on the cd player?

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4130
im not sure why it would be the remote, but im gonna switch is to some other place tomorow to see if it works

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3768
that is turn-on pop. it happens when your HU and amp turns on at almost the same time...your HU sends a voltage spike to the amp when it turns on.

hook the remote up the the remote on the HU...HU's remote output usually create a small delay in turning on the amp.

-problem solved.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4133
cool. but i dont got my remote in the back of the HU? what other place would be good to put it behind the HU?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3772
ouch...stock HU?

i have heard of putting a small cap in-line on the remote to cause a delay. (the cap will take a sec to charge, then the amp will come on)

ya may wanna try that.

or get a switch or relay and use that.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4134
no, its not a stock. i shorted out the remote behind the HU a while ago... it was a really weird coinicidence... but yea..

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4136
it didnt bump err

Gold Member

Post Number: 3773
http://www.autosound2000.com/amp.htm

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4137
i dont wanna buy anything tho. isnt there some other wire that i can connect the rem to?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1799
ohh you didnt tell me you changed the remote last night.

i would put a switch from homedepot/lowes on the wire and turn if off when you start the car so that should stop the little voltage spike. although i dont know if that would make a difference when you change tracks and stuff.

how did you have the REM hooked up befor?

Bronze Member
Username: Mike20

Post Number: 28
my system does that too and ive got my remote to the back of the HU. Your pretty much describin my problem but my remote is in the right spot... I've yet to figure out the problem too.. Hmm Weird
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us