Center Port?

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Post Number: 211
Ok, I started making cuts for my box, when I started to look at this Center Port issue and how I'm supposed to cut it out...

Upload

In a case like this, what exactly would be my first step to building this port, even the depth of it? Understand that the box will be 15 inches tall with a 12.75 inch tall port. Don't call me stupid or NEthing, but this will be my first ported box, and 2nd box PERIOD!

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3259
if the interior of the port is 12.75 x 10 then cut 4 pieces of wood. 2 being 12.75 inches by 19.25 inches and 2 11.5 inches by 19.25 inches. screw/glue them together making perfect right angles. cut the front piece and make the hole for the port. now glue/ screw the port on. wah-lah

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
I feel dumb! lol Thanks TREVOR...made sure I didn't say TRAVIS this time! lol Hey I was thinking of flaring the port so I was wondering if I could make something like this work...

Upload

Let me know something!

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3264
yeah, that would work.... or you can just sand them over or use a router with a roundover bit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
Ok, didn't think about the roundover bit. Thanks man! How are you coming along with your box, I saw the pics you posted...looking good!

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3266
It's goin great. I'll be working on it more tomorrow prolly.

Bronze Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 18
That box is designed for a double baffle.All you have to do is cut the side walls of the port. The top and bottom panels serve as the top and bottom port walls.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3272
thats good to know^^^ makes things much easier lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us