Who wants to see wat phoenix gold can really do???

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Fack you taco vendor , fack drivin... Fakin crybaby

Post Number: 2526
wat up peeps well i juzz tested my subs on 60 watts rms at 8 ohms home stereo but i wired the sub to 2 ohms expecting 80-110 rms those lil b1tches bang hard and clean @ss hell like i said they are cleaner and louder than assasin i juzz tested one with 500 rms but did int got the video yet cuz is too dark on the garage ill take it tomorrow yeah boooooiiiii mid 150's for sure

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j128/extrmndor3/?action=view&current=phoenixgo ldoctanerzrated.flv

Gold Member

Post Number: 2527
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2528
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2529
excursion is amazing sorry abotu the camera people cant pick up the louds really clear but yes they bang

bump

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3239
dont get hope up too high for mid 150s. if it were so easy steve meade would be hitting mid 160s...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2531
he got his set up for sq hes box is tuned at 30hz plus he got a suburban his truck isssss wayyyyyyyyy bigger than mine explorer are the easiest trucks to get loud plus they peak at around 42-46hz my box i think is gonan be tuned at 35hz and they are not too big, im not hopinh high mid 150's well at least 150

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3241
i think you can def hit 150. but it seems once you break 150 every decible is just that much harder. meades made be tuned 5 hz below yours. but he has 20kw and 4 18s... thats 50% more cone area than you.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3243
meade's may be***

Gold Member

Post Number: 2532
meade is hittin 159 db's and yeah when u get to 145 every db's is getting harder because of the resistance .

heres more info

Technical stuff:

0. If you can ever get to measure the higher db levels of 145 to 155 of something you will definitely notice it getting harder and harder to get louder (more db) especially if your using electronic amplifiers and speakers. This effect keeps getting more and more noticeable the higher db level you go. To go from 130 to 132 db is very easy, from 140 to 142 is O.K., from 150 to 152 db is difficult and from 160 db to 162 db it is very hard, you will need lots and lots more power, sometimes double or maybe triple.
This effect is called "POWER COMPRESSION" (technically, it is "NON-LINEARITY"), and most sound engineers hate it, but get used it. It is the result of a lot of causes like:

1. superheating and overheating of everything, heat is bad, and its everywhere
2. resistance and ohm load changes (long term and instantaneous)
3. magnetic field non-linearity from heating, oversaturation to desaturation
4. electronic field non-linearity from heating, resistance, efficientcy losses, oversaturation
5. air heating, compression, angry atoms DONT do a good job taking orders when are not happy especially orders to get louder.
6. an increasing percent of the TOTAL sound power is turning into wind (instead of pressure)
7. increasing flex and sympathetic vibrations and or vibration from nearby objects including the ground (which releases air pressure)
8. amperage and electron flow non-linearity
9. with loudspeakers, voice coil and suspension non-linearity
10. sound pressure OUT is proportional to the SQUARE ROOT sound power IN.
11. the universe is in a constant state of "order to disorder" otherwise known as "increasy entropy" or "increasing disorder".This simply means the universe wants everything and its nieghbors to be at or nearly the same: temperature, order, randomness, atomic energy state and of course SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL. As an example, look at the ocean, it so smooth for thousands and thousands of miles, it's totally flat except for maybe 5 or 10 foot waves. 5 feet divided by 3000 miles is almost zero, which means it is very "smooth".
12. the nieghbor part of reason 11. Atoms are like us. This means every atom wants a good neighbor atom, or at least a nieghbor that is like them: so a "sleeping" atom wants a "sleeping" atom nieghbor, an atom at 130 db wants a nieghbor atom at 130 db, not at 10 db and definitely not 160 db, and a 165 db atom wants a 165 db nieghbor atom or maybe 164.9 db or 165.1 db BECAUSE THEY HAVE MORE IN COMMON. Separating atoms with walls of steel or bulletproof glass doesnt really change this need of atoms, just like you still would not like to live next door to a drug dealer or a loud construction site, even with a steel wall fence in between you.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1570
why is meade hitting like 157 - 159s with btls and mts, but theres videos of solo xs hitting 167 - 169....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2533
is all in the car and system system=car+amp+charging power+sub+box

the solo i htink ur thinkin of a crx with a solo x well the crx are the easiest cars to get loud a single dd 9915 will get u 170 db's if u know how to install them meade is going for sq mainly and histruck is a suburban means it has alooot of room inside and the sounds pressure get lost inthere compare the spac eon his truck on the space of the crx's??? theres your answer

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 987
the pics and vid are shweeeet

Silver Member
Username: Jenifer_contreras

PIMP Member, Yokosuka, Ka...

Post Number: 904
wow what a nice tweeter! LOL

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3735
r u talkin about burps? then

i predict u do mid 40s...

bassrace I predict u do mid 30s....

u havent been specific as of, what equipment, wires, and batts ur using...

also why are u guys comparing a street beater VS a extreme vehile?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8534
b/c it is lilrob. he is using 6 Phoenix Gold Octane R Z rated subs.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... \blink, red,...

Post Number: 2861
aye little robert...how do those compare to the PG Xenon subs?

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 430
not even a comparison, the octanes will rip you apart...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1007
are these the ones, damn low price if you ask me
http://stores.channeladvisor.com/thedeepdiscount/items/item.aspx?itemid=2285588

Gold Member

Post Number: 1008
can $35 subs actually get that loud?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1009
or better yet...which one is it on this site, i might want some of these puppies

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=18&Manufactu rerID=650

Silver Member
Username: Jenifer_contreras

PIMP Member, Yokosuka, Ka...

Post Number: 941
it's depend of the AMP and the music what you play on it!

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 279
eh....ive seen people in comps whit crappier subs hit high numbers so its possible

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3245
Steve meade doesnt hit 168s and stufff because he isnt a modified vehicle, no wall, and isnt tuned just below his trucks res freq. But he is still the loudest truck in the world in his category... so that says alot.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7026
steve meade has the loudest street beater right now.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2868
"well the crx are the easiest cars to get loud" i know im probably gonna get some people arguing with me over this but. crx's are actually very hard to get loud a lot of people have trouble geatting them loud. But the fact is once u get them figured out u have it and they get very loud.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2541
yeah thedeepdiscount got them very cheap but check the shippin is like 50 bucks for a single 12 for ground and they dont discount if u buy another sub compared to the xenon they are very good subs awesome sq and get loud pretty good well the subs i think they are pretty cheap and they worth the money well if u can buy one so u can see for yourself :-)

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

TREO, USA

Post Number: 2226
LOL
lil rob is still cryin bout it

Gold Member

Post Number: 2542
oh

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... \blink, red,...

Post Number: 2863
lilrob man drive down here to KY and let me hear em lol.
jk
il try to find a shop with em round here

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2876
no one gonna comment on my crx post wow thats a first lol was waiting to come back and get flamed

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3778
People say CRX's are easy to get loud because they dont really realize what goes into getting a vehicle truly LOUD. They just go to a comp and see 2 12's in a CRX w/ 2500w do ~155 and automaticly say...'that vehicle is easy to get loud'.

In reality, no vehicle is 'easy' to get loud. It takes work...always. It is relitivly easy to get a CRX over 150db, but once you hit the 152db mark...its gets harder and harder w/ every tenth you gain.

Mini-trucks and CRX's do have the upperhand compared to most other vehicles on the road though (in the US). Infact, mini-truck may actually have a small advantage over CRX's. :-)

I you have never built a true 150dB system...you dont realize what goes into gettin into the 150's.

I have all the room in the world in my truck to do 3 15's and put a tool-box in the back w/ batts and amps, but I like the idea of getting LOUD w/ 1 15" and 1 amp :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1028
and he's gonna do it to...of course a DD is one monster of a sub.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 740
"he solo i htink ur thinkin of a crx with a solo x well the crx are the easiest cars to get loud a single dd 9915 will get u 170 db's" Hey lilrob do you have any links or proof of this,I'm not saying it hasn't been done but I'd just like to see who and how they did it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3779
Alan Dante did 177.8dB w/ 1 dd9515 in his Extreme-1 car at dBdrag finals this year.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1030
omg...is there a video of that? I would love to see it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1032
or at least a link

Gold Member

Post Number: 3780
check over on termpro.com

it was in an extreme vehicle...concrete, bullet proof glass, etc...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1034
cant find anything there...glad to see i aint the only one up this late

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 501
Getting our Rex was neither "easy" or cheap.

2 12's - 2k (90 lbs a piece..not some swapmeet bullsh!t)
4 memphis 4 kw's - 4k (at least)
deck - 400
wire - 400
deadening - 400
alt - 400
batt 300

Hours? 5 ppl 2 months, with at least 2 working on it every single day.

Result? 154.3 at finals. 155.6 at home.

The Panda would be the "easiest", but not available here in the states.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2878
ya ive seen a couple people on diffrent forums saying how it sucks getting them loud

but marshall i know that lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us