What type of number should i do with this setup??

Silver Member
Username: Mike17362

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 201
DD9515
Massive p3000.1
4.5 cubes of air space
tuned at 32hz

what type of number should i do with that? i know it is tuned low but i want alot of low bass as well as loudness

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10007
depends on to much to tell

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 203
what do you mean by that

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 204
what do you mean by that chauncey

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10010
ur score can very...from time of day..weather...car that the install is in...the install itself...

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3233
you could hit anywhere fomr 135-150 There are SO MANY factors that go into how high of a number you hit..... thats what he means

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1561
145 + with a good install

better install.. 150 +

what amp is marshall runnin on his DD?>

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3240
ia 20.1

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1566
ya hes got a 9515d and hes a tiny bit under 150, should be hittin 150 soon.

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 207
so you are saying that the ia 20.1 would be better than the massive p3000.1 on this sub? what is that guy tuned at how much air space is he using

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7015
first of all what kinda car do you have?

also you can't expect to buy a dd and slap it in your ride and BAM 150db. nooooooo. marshall does alot of testing on his box tuning. in other words, if you don't have marshall's skills, no way you are gonna see 150db on a tl.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9710
yep yep - chad said it good , i fully agree .......

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 208
lol true that is why im trying to get all the help can to get in the 150s

and with the car i have a 92 honda accord

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3746
marshall has a small cab, ur car has more space u must pressurize... meanin u have to work way harder to get close to his score

if ur lucky I give u 138-44db...

forget about hittin 150 unless ur serious kid...

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3747
also not a hell in chance with that tune!

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 209
trust me i am very serious about getting 150s
could i tune it around 35 and do better and still have great lows

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9717
im not a spl expert but the way i read it works is that u go 2 a shop & find out the resonating frequency of ur vehicle & u tune around that freq - this is 4 strickly SPL purpose though

local guy here has fitted 6 15s mmats juggernauths in a wall but he is not into SPL but 4 shows playing actual music 4 the crowds , heard he once had 6 15s CV STrokers in it too but i only heard the juggs which is quite loud .....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9718
in a civic that is ^^^^^^^^

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7023
my best advice to you is get the setup and get it metered. that way you have a starting point. after you see what you hit, you can work to imporve that tweaking this and tweaking that. you still need a starting point though.

i am gonna get my car metered tomorow. i am nervous. but you know what they say, before you hit 150, you gotta hit in the high 130s first.

btw you are gonna need a lot of work to hit 150 cause your sub will be in the trunk.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2864
yup^^^ sorry buddy but im betting u dont have 150's lol. oh and by the way dd wants u to tune there subs to upper 30's like 38 or 39 or in te low 40's and u know what they still sound great.

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 210
so your saying start out with my setup from about and work with it like on diffretn tunnings and power

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1615
you won't hit 150 tuning at 32hz for one :-) .. my advice to you.. build a wall behind the backseat that you box and slide into so you can have your box sealed off from the cabin.. otherwise you have to fill the airspace with the trunk as well. if you want to break that 150 your going to have to sacrifice the lows and start tuning at 40+ until your car peaks. It is trial and error. Make sure you have a good charging system or your dead in the water..

Luckily I did a 145.7dB with my first attempt.. simple street beat box tuned to 35hz and 1000wrms on a single SX 15. Take your time on the box and build it right.. that is where one of the keys will be into achieving your score.. that and making sure you amp can draw the current it needs.. fire the sub/port into the cabin with the trunk sealed off.. port on the drivers side.. ajust.. change tuning frequencies.. and try again. best bet is to use aeroports or make an interchangable slot port :-)

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 211
did you sub play good lows tuned at 35hz

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1620
decent.. i went from two SXs in a 14cu.ft box tuned to 28hz to a single SX tuned to 35hz in 4cu.ft .. so now such a sudden jump from the two systems i can't compare but it drops the lows fine.. not quite as well as i'd like though ..

that is something you have to sacifice.. getting loud normally means not getting low

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 212
could i do two subs and get loud and low

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3254
yup

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 213
ok what two subs can i do to get in the 150s and have very good low end

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 560
sql it sounds like you are planning this setup for everyday not comps otherwise you wouldnt be worried about if the lows still sound good or not. You do not need to be anywhere near 150 for daily listening. All that is going to do is make you go deaf.

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 214
lol true kenny that is what im doing im doingit for a daily driver and i would like to take my car to a comp and a car show but i also want this setup for a daily drive but i dont bump my music that much becuase i stay in a small town and it is very eazy to get a loud music ticket this setup is for basicly for when i got to big events with my car can you help me get two subs that will do in the 150s and have very good low end also

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 561
Im just guessing but you probably dont have room for a big enough box to do two 15s in that small of a car unless you take the back seat out and build a wall which is very impractical since this is your daily car. I would just stick with what you were going to go with to begin with except tune the box to like 38 and im pretty sure you will be happy. Just like someone said above your charging system in the most important thing in hitting high numbers so dont neglect that. But im also guessing you havent heard a system legitamately do 150s, it is MUCH louder than you realize.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1018
I have heard 2 systems that I considered loud. Now realize, the only real systems I have heard are at a local comp we had a few weeks back. Most of the people there were hitting in the mid 130s up to low 140's. Then this guy comes through with eight 12's, and he hit 151...the only one to hit over 150. Also, Marshall was running that and he hit(I think) 147, that was before he fiddled around with things. And yes, both of those were LOUD..honestly, there is one hell of a difference between 140db and 150db...I know its only 10db difference, but when you are listening to it....You can definately tell the the difference

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 215
yea this is my daily car but im getting a nother car next week so basicly this is why im doing this to this car yeah i have all elitrical upgrades and im looking to get two subs that i can do in the 150s and still have very very good low end can any one help me

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3263
2 Fi audio 15 or 18 BTLs fully loaded. get 2000kw plus on each one in a good ported box tuned to 40 hz. thats a good bet. but not a guarantee.

Silver Member

Durham, Nc Usa

Post Number: 216
any other options
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us