SOLO X 18?

Bronze Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 24
anybody have any experience with the solo X ? i watched a couple vids on ROE and damnnnn that sub just beats thh livin s h i t out of whatever vehicle its inside

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9986
what do u wanna no???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
if its a good sub based on SPL,SQ,consistency,durabiltiy...just kind of a rundown on how well this sub performs

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9991
Only suited for SPL, nothing else...I wouldnt even use it daily, just for comps...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
wat kinda numbers we talkin here chauncey....proper setup,amplification etc...are we looking at 155+ ?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9995
very possible, and there really easy to recone,, or so ive heard..never had to recone one..

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... \blink, red,...

Post Number: 2858
ive seen em reconed.
looks easy.
a shop near me pulled a 168 i think with 2 hifonics maxximus but 1 of em blew something so it was only running off one.
durability wise, its not the best but at rms it seems consistent. they put a piece of paper in the truck when they burped it. the paper shredded into millions of tiny pieces. this sub is a beast in the SPL department but sounds like trash

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3229
Id so much rather have a DD9917
or rather a 9515....

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10004
For a spl vehicle they are tough to beat...Price wise they are great, and those things get loud as fu#k

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
so what exactly does bad SQ consist of? like the bass sounds, fuzzy, or its not reaching as low as its suppose to or as high as its suppose too, im jsut not sure what sq really means?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7034
play a nice r&b song with a good bassline. sq subs get very musical. almost like someone is playing a bass guitar in your car. you can distiguish every note. also blends well with the rest of your sound stage.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3766
I have seen solox's do really well and do shitty for SPL.

A friend of mine, Matt Sibley, holds the USACi (legal) world record in ps5000+ w/ four solox 12's and four autotek 4000d's in a CRX. 157.7dB on the dash w/ the B&K mic. (the mic they use to set records...~$7000 mic)

At the same show he set that record...i say 2 guys w/ solox 18's.

One had one in a mustang hatch back w/ 2500w...only did ~146dB, he was in my class and i beat him w/ my dd9515 and IA20.1. His box was not what it should have been for that car...i offered to help him w/ a box latter on.

The other guy had 1 18" in an ext cab F150, the box took up the whole back cab...below the window line w/ 4 planet audio 2250d's (rated 2250wrms). He only did 150.xdB. His box was desent, but there were a few things about the install i would have changed...somewhat simple stuff that would have helped him ALOT. Didnt get a chance to talk to him though.

I am now doing 149.8dB w/ my dd9515 and the 20.1. That goes to show you that SPL is all in the install.

One thing about the solox's...the 10's and 12's are known for cracking cones when given high power. I have seen quite a few of them w/ huge cracks in the cones...the 18's dont have quite as bad a problem w/ that though. (I am talkin about giving the 10's and 12's 4000w+ though)

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 742
You're right about those cones marshall,I've seen quite a few with cracked cones myself.I've also heard that a B&K mic will give you 1 DB more than a TermLab,what's your take on that Marshall?Can you confirm that?As far as SPL all in the install well that isn't ENTIRELY true,you do need nice equipment too :-) The install is very important and after the initial install it's all about testing and tuning non stop extracting a 10th of a DB at a time or if your lucky more than that :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us