Sundown Audio Amp Package Deals

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8518
The SAX-100.4 should be ready in 5 - 6 weeks. They are expected to be on hand and ready for shipment to dealers around December 5th - 10th provided there are no unusual delays.

I will hold a direct pre-order for these amplifiers starting November 1st and ending November 30th. Pre-orders will be shipped in the order that they were received and in as timely a manner as possible, probably within 5 -7 business days after the amps are ready.

Once dealers receive stock of the SAX-100.4 they will be authorized to hold an introductory sale for those folks who cannot make the pre-order sale. They will also be authorized to hold a sale on the SAZ-1500D and SAX-100.2 to celebrate the launch of the new model. Dealer intro sale pricing will be announced when the sale begins :-)

PRE-ORDER INFORMATION:

SAX-100.4
MSRP: $449
Pre-Order Price: $325

1) SAX-100.4 alone : $325 * (save $124)
2) SAX-100.4 & SAX-100.2 Package : $550 * (save $198)
3) SAX-100.4 & SAZ-1500D Package : $775 * (save $273)

Ask about other packages if you need to order a different combination. All package deals must include an SAX-100.4 to qualify for the direct pre-sale. Your package deal will ship out as one shipment when the SAX-100.4 units arrive.

* - Pre-Order Price includes freight to the continental 48 states.

To place your pre-order send a paypal transfer to sundownz@sundownaudio.com once the pre-order starts on Nov. 1st -- be sure that your billing address in Paypal is correct! Include a note about which package you are ordering.

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8519
contact Ben@low-hz.com for further info/questions:-)

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

The biggity biggity BAY, California USA

Post Number: 1418
will there be a pre-order for the SAZ-1500D alone?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9989
i really do need new amps...hmmmm

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8520
EDIT****

to place an order send to Sales@showrides.net

:-):-):-)

i was contemplating a SAX 100.2 to replace my USA 4300x...they look VERY nice indeed. Chauncey has his nose about this company back when it first came out, good call chauncey:-)

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2307
on their forum jacob says after presale he's allowing dealers to offer sale pricing on all amps. i just emailed ben about sale prices for a 1500d so i'll post them if anyone wants it.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9996
The only thing keeping me from getting them..are that the IA 20.1's are around the same price and there specs are crazy 2...sooo im not sure

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8521
the IA20.1's are $200 more i believe...not sure though.

for like 300wRMs more. lol

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8522
and your ear can't tell the difference at those power levels. lol

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8523
the 1500D's benched 1800wRMS at 1 ohm. the 20.1 is right around 2000wRMS.

and the 1500D's are stable down to .5 ohms just like the 20.1:-)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9998
u say 300rms but i put money on it that the sundowns are not as effiecent as the IA...those things are unbelieveable, plus they are made like 20 min away from my house so i can get a good price

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2309
all i can say is DEFINATELY email ben for pricing (1500d). excellent pricing, can't wait to pick up some if all goes well:-)

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2310
all i can say is DEFINATELY email ben for pricing (1500d). excellent pricing, can't wait to pick up some if all goes well:-) low-hz is definately going to be getting my money.

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8525
Ben says they might be more efficient. soooo i dunno.

also, i am sure he will give you a good deal.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10000
Post the Prices!!!!Because im leaning toward the IA

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2311
ben told me you'd have to email him for prices, doesn't want them put out. how much can you get the ia for/where at?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3230
damn chauncey is a platinum member. congrats!
btw, Ben is an awesome guy and he just may give you an irresistable deal...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3765
nice prices there...and very nice amps.

oh...but...

ai 20.1 > saz-1500d

i know for a fact that 20.1 are stable at 0.35ohm....daily :-)

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10009
well i live like 20min away from where t live so i no i can get them way under MSRP....

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 378
Well let me say a few things since I have owned both and ran both at .5 ohms daily.

First of all, in a direct swap SPL test, the 1500D and 20.1 were within .4 db's of each other. The 20.1 was .4 db's louder with the same exact subs in the same exact box. So as far as power output at .5 ohms goes, these two amps are almost identical.

And for pricing, the 1500D is a couple hundred less than the 20.1's.

If money is no issue at all, a brand new 20.1 would be a VERY solid amp. If you are on a budget the 1500D would probably be the better of the two choices.

Also, if you are wiring below .35 ohms for some reason I have more faith in the 20.1. Not because I have had any problems with the 1500D below .5, it is just I have never tested it below .5 so I can't vouch for it yet.

But feel free to let me know if you have any questions about either of the two amps.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3238
Hey Ben, My mags will be in soon. I'm building the box now. if you wanna see it theres a thread about 15 down or so with pics.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 379
I am looking for it now. It is about time!

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3742
"the IA20.1's are $200 more i believe...not sure though.

for like 300wRMs more. lol"

nope....

IA20.1 >>>> WAY WAY >>>> than 1500.1

now showrides do u mean to say ur amp in indistructable like the IA20.1???

cause u ur self should know the 20.1 "AINT NO JOKE"

does the 1500.1 play down to 7v? and .35 ohms?

okay what voltage does that 1500.1 go up to?
is it strapable??

2 IA 20.1 strapped = 5500 at .7 @ 13v!
also @ 16v the IA really wake up...

please defend ur amp somemore...
:-)

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8538
i really don't see why it matters bro. you either buy the amp...or you don't. if you want a solid amp, that doesn't cost as much as your coveted 20.1, get the 1500d. its really that simple. lmao

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8539
btw, he sells both, so it really doesn't matter. lololol

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9708
honestly b4 CB mentioned sundown i never heard of them b4 -

whats their background ?
the engineers who designed it what/which company did they work 4 b4 - whats their pedigree ?
how durable ?
built quality ?
any demo vehicles 2 show performance or records ?

now im asking here so dont any get their p/anties in a bunch but i wouldnt buy any car audio without some of these answers .....

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 380
B...

Well let me answer your questions.

IA20.1 way greater than 1500D. NO!!!

First off the 20.1 you say is indistructable. This is an of itself of course is not true. First off trying to get a 20.1 below .35 ohms usually takes modification. Are they incredibly strong amps? Yes they are! But no, it is VERY possible to see the magic smoke with them :-)

The 20.1's ain't no joke? Well sure I will agree with you. But the 1500D's ain't no joke either.

Hmm running an amp at 7 volts. I have no idea what the 1500D would do with that, but I can say I doubt there is any point in running either amp at 7 volts.

I know the 1500D's do great with 16 volts and have no problems handling it. And I am sure they are good well above that. And yes, they are strappable.

2 SAZ-1500D's strapped at 1 ohm 14 volts. 5000rms :-)

I haven't seen anyone strap them at .7 yeat, but I doubt they would be far behind the 20.1's there either.

So for a final comparison I would say, the 20.1 can go down to a slightly lower impendence, and it does have slightly more output. But the couple hundred of watts differece when you are talking about 2000-5000rms, isn't even detectible by the human ear, so for 99% of people out there I would say it isn't a big deal.

You are correct saying the 20.1 is a great amp, but I do believe you are highly underestimating the 1500D.

Ben

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3743
muddy it matters if someone is looking for more power... :-) that is very important! we all know that u pay for what u get... :-)

so why sweet talk a untruth...

i just dont understand how he compare that amp to the most versatile & consitant amp on the market???

if he sells both then he should offer some sales on the IA also, especially the 40.1 :-O

if CB doesnt need all the power, or the indestructability or the versatility then its his choice...

i AM in NO way downing the 1500.1!! just amazed by reading this thread, its in the same caliber from his test... lmao

but if somemone needs to save a few dollars, I guess that not a bad price for a 1500.1 which maybe a lil underatted...

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2312
i know the owmer of sundown used to co-own/work for si. on there forum i read alot of people running them at .5 daily with no problems what so ever, not even really getting to hot. and to answer b's ? yes they are strappable.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 381
Rovin I can answer the last 3 for you easily enough.

As far as durability and build quality goes. I have about 20 people running them now, and many of them have had them for over a few months. I haven't had a SINGLE return, or problem with the amp to date. For a new company that is very impressive.

Also, they are listed at 1 ohm stable, and most of my customers run them at .5 ohms daily. So even at .5 they are holding up great right now.

And for demo vehicles. The owner of sundown has them in his BMW, but their biggest and best known demo vehicle was at Nopi Nationals this year if you attended. It included a pair of SAZ-1500D's I believe and 6 SI BM subwoofers.

Also, many of the more respected people on the other car audio forums have tested them out. They have done some testing with them against the 20.1 I know of for a fact.

Let me know if that helps to answer your questions.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3744
thanks for the rapid responses....

I am not hating, I dont want to come off that way!
just lil confused of these amps....

"2 SAZ-1500D's strapped at 1 ohm 14 volts. 5000rms"

now that sounds goood... :-)

I do agree for daily listen who cares...
but on the meter ever 10th counts... .1.2.3

who would run amps with that low voltage is just nuts, and crazy... but we do that stuff in competition and death matches, to see what equipment is really on top their games... and for something to still work with that voltage is utterly AMAZING! which is why its virtually indestructable...

but yes, present a amp with a dead shortage at the speaker terminals and expect to see some flashes and smoke!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9711
cool beans man Showrides - Upload

ok good answers now all we need 2 know is the designers/engineers' background which will help make ppl more comfortable about buying any new product on the market . Just like when FI came out the guy has a impressive resume so thats y no1 mind if his company was new because of a proven track record , same with Treo & Audioque being formed out of DD we know the story there & can trust it ...

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8541
all i was trying to say was, if you aren't Competing. there is no need to spend the extra $$$ on a 20.1, b/c you don't need 7v amplification, or .35 ohm power, you will be running at daily ohm loads and supplying it with 12.6-14.9 Volts. :-) so what is the point in spending the extra money for a couple hundred more watts that won't make a big difference to your ear at those power levels anyway. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1781
buy they way a guy if not more on ca.com runs his 20.1 at .18DCR so suck on that ;)

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1782
and by the was sundown are really nice amps been looking at them a long time. just cant really spring for one. muddy is there a sale price on the sax-100.2???

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 382
A 20.1 run at .18 ohms will go into protection.

If you modify a 20.1, you may be able to run it that low. But a stock 20.1 will not run at .18 ohms without the protection circuit kicking in.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1785
i dont know if its modifyed but he does have it that low. or atleast says he does and that would be pretty stupid to lie about so yeah, im just saying. they are nice amps. and show rides can you pm me a price for the sax-100.2 if they are also going to be onsale.

Platinum Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10020
the whole thing is that...i can get the IA for around the same price as the Sundown...or pretty close to it...

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 381
i would like a price on that 1500d!

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8546
then what are you waiting for Chauncey....:-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3770
IA 20.1's will run at .35ohm DCR and event .25ohm DCR daily. But .175ohm (half of .35) is pushing it...pushing it HARD.

I do know that 20.1's will burp strapped at .35ohm (each amp seeing .175).

I know the 1500d is a great amp...i would recommend it to anyone looking for 1500w+. But in reality...how many people do you know that run amps lower than .5ohm dialy?

8 out of 10 amps would give you the 'magic smoke' at .5ohm dialy. And .35-.25ohm is dam near a dead short!

BTW...I got my 20.1 for $425 shipped (used for a few shows) and couldnt be happier!...oh..and new 20.1's can be had for ~$720 straight from IA. (MSRP is $959)

Bronze Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 77
hey marshall you need to sell me that 20.1

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 383
Nice post marshall. And you are correct.

20.1's are $720 new, vs 1500D's which are $500 new (For now).

You can get used of either cheaper though. But that is a good base price for people who are interested.

And chauncey we know you live down the street from IA. So if you can get the 20.1 for the same price that is a great deal. Just most people would have to pay atleast $200 more for the 20.1 which probably wouldn't be worth it. But if you can get it cheap then that is awesome.

And of course I agree with the entire wiring below .5. People who aren't competing would probably never need an amp to do that.

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 741
Hey Richard I'm running a 3512 too right now :-) We're 3512 bros :-) By the way MuDDy it's SQ...is far better than your 2510?

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8553
hahaha you put a question mark, doubting yourself there Rob?:-)

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 743
Nah lol.I know it has much better SQ but since you were shi± talking the quality of my Solox :-( I had to let you know.The thing is the Solo X's SQ isn't as bad as everyone says,when played at lower volume levels they sound pretty decent it's when you turn up the juice that it starts to sound a little sloppy,I'm sick of all the kids saying how terrible the SQ is of the because that rep spreads like wildfire by people that have never even heard them.Anyhow I'm only feeding the 3512 1KRms, no need to heat it up any more with more power since I'm not trying to get loud with it.I'm thinking of running 2 boxes with 2 different amps and 2 different subs :-) One box for SPL(My Solo X box),one box for SQ(My 3512 box).Then when I want SPL or SQ I'll turn that amplifier on for whichever I want with my switch on my remote lines near my center console :-) Just a thought it's not too bad of an idea but the problem I would run into is airflow,I think...

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 382
hey rob what amp u using?

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1423
how come at low-hz its posted as 650 and at audiojunkies its 599 and isnt the msrp 599?

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 384
We just have to post msrp on our site. But we can sell them for whatever we want to.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... \blink, red,...

Post Number: 2873
ive seen internal pics of both amps and they both look nice. if i only had the money for one of em :-)

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 385
$650 was msrp, but let me change it now to 599. Jacob could have changed msrp without telling me.

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8555
i am not trying to start an Arguement here Rob. but the L7's sound like p00, and the X is totally SPL oriented, so...say what you like.

Bronze Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 27
dosent muddy have the lowest model dd lolol u shouldnt even be hating cause you have no money........

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8562
Upload

here comes the drama queen. rofl

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8563
hey Tiki,

Research > you.

Silver Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 746
Well they aren't the lowest model, he has a 2510 I believe and DD makes the 1000 series.I have actually heard the 1000 series has better SQ than the 2500 series but they don't get as loud.I was listening to a 2515 the other day and I was not impressed at all,it seemed to have a very flat bass,I hope it was just the box but a few people have told me that the 2500 series doesn't really have too good of SQ.I don't think you would Muddy would keep it though if it sounded like the 2515 I listened to the other day.However the 3512 provides great SQ even in a ported box.Richard I am using an amp that is rated at 10 watts :-) It's a cheater amp that puts out 1KRms.The 3512 gets pretty loud for that little bit of power and I haven't even gone all out with it and I don't think I ever will,if I want SPL I'll run my Solo X 18.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 386
Just FYI.

DD makes the 1000 series, and believe it or not even a 500 series. You can't find the 500 series on the site though.

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8565

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3359
What are the specs on the 100.4? just curious. i may replace my JL 300/4 to match a 1500D if i get it. but i think a 100.2 is too much power (which i can turn down but i need 2 amps then) and the 100.4 sounds like 50x4 at 4 which isnt enough :-(

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3362
wait. 100.4 sounds like 100x 4 at 4 :-) i hope thats right!

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 392
the 100.4 is 100rms per channel at 4 ohms. But it will give you closer to 125rms per channel.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3369
awesome :-) thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us