WOW U GUYS. . .

Bronze Member
Username: Chuck_623

Post Number: 12
Must be crazy or I'm getting old. I thought I would eventually want to get my setup to 3 13w6v2's, but I got one in ATM and I'm already thinking it's enough for me.

I keep reading about you guys pumping out like 2k watts and it makes me think my ears will bleed. I only got like 600 going to 1 sub. . .

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 594
Totally agree, 2K is insane and it's not practical:-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Chrome Dip it & Ship i...

Post Number: 8482
my favorite part is when they throw that abbreviation "SQ" in the mix with multiple 15 or 18" subs and thousands of watts....how your front stage?????? lmao

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6990
alot of power isn't necessary if you want just clean bass for daily. only reason i got 5000wrms is cause i want to compete. once i compete a couple times, i am going for a single clean sub with 500wrms on it.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9695
personally i think 1000wrms playing cleanly is more than enough 4 a average daily driven car

heck even 1/2 of that is good is quite decent & practical ........

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1625
pffff never

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6991
DOKTAH....long time no see. i pm'd you a couple times on aim and no answer. its cool. i guess you have your reasons.

to get back on topic, yeah 500-1000 is perfect for daily. for clean sq i'd say 500-600 is more than enough. of course you need a clean sounding sub too.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 1627
did you chad, my aim must be all funky cuz i never got a message from you stupid internet lol

i suppose you guys are right though, personally i will never run under 1000 watts again it just isnt enough other wise lol

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3712
lol

ive heard 4KRMS sound CLEAN, REAL FREAKIN CLEAN! it played a large range of freq very responsive...

if u said that was not SQ something is wrong with u, and it wanged!

I agree with Rovin 1krms is enuff for most people, espically when u put cone area into the equation...

I did a memphis belle install which is basically a 1000d inside, on 4 SONY... YES SONY 12s....

and I must say it WANNGED Loud and DEEP... shook the store and the other stores besides us... Totaly unbelivable on 1krms!!

my problem is when I want it to get louder, I expect it to get louder... lol 5Krms or better!!
I know some people think its too much, but once u get there, its no turnin back! 20k + rms next year!

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6997
i wasn't talking about sq that wanged B. i was simply saying for a pure sq setup (which will have equal output of the front stage) you don't need that much power.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9700
yes u can get freakishly loud & still very clean @ 1000s of watts i fully agree since a recent carshow i went there were 2 vans with 16 10s DDs & another with 6 15s DD each with easily 6000wrms & more sounding clean & super loud

but realistically u cant handle that daily 500-1000 is more civilised 4 daily driver - depends on type of music u listen too as well , if u like easy listening as little as 200/300wrms will do u just fine ......

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3713
true...
250rms is remarkable.. it just comes down to the install.. Chad yes the older we get the less is required to satisfy us... PURE sq can be done with 500rms... now with more power, u just need a more powerfull front stage to keep up... but by that point it is just unbareable to most... :-O

Bronze Member
Username: Chuck_623

Post Number: 13
Good to seem it's not just me getting old. :-)

I do want alittle crisper highs though. (I know there are a thousand sets of speakers that sound better) I currently have Alpine type Rs throughout. Should I just get some tweets because the midbass is awesome, I just need some more trebble.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Chrome Dip it & Ship i...

Post Number: 8487
if you have more than 1000wRMS on a sub(s), you do NOT have a SQ system. lol end of the road there, b/c there is not WAY your music is balanced. or sounding good for that matter, b/c after so much bass, you need mids and highs that scream...and screaming mids and highs isn't SQ either. :-)

just my POV...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us