READ THIS--shows what stores are traning new employees

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 851
I was talking to a co-worker on MSN who works at Futureshop now, and one day a week with me. He said this

man...im learnign... a 2 channel is designed to run 1 sub and a mono is for 2 subs (he meant a/b for the 2ch and D for the mono)

and he went on to exlain to me that hooking up a single sub to a mono amp you loose 1/2 the power, so a 2 channel is better to run 1 sub.

I told him no.... and he was like, Yeah? then I guess the installer is wrong...I was like yeah...and he went on to say that every shop in town would have to be wrong as they all do that....still wont listen to me

I gave him bcae1 to read, and the wiring wizard...I cant beleive they let uneducated people work there.

I think im going to try to apply at a vitamin store and explaing usless info to customers and have them buy the most expensive, unless pill...whos with me?

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 741
I was at Best Buy the other day with my brother buying some cds. And I went to check out there so called car audio section. I over heard a car audio salesman telling a dude that a mono amp can only run one sub I jumped in the convertion and said thats not true you can run as many subs as you want if the watts and ohm load are right. The sale guy said no you can't I've been working at this store in the car audio department for five years I know what I'm talking about. I said lets take a walk outside and I'll prove it the saleman said I can't leave my department. So to make a long story short the guy that saleman was talking to walked outside with me and my brother and I showed him my brothers two Kicker Comp VR 15" on a Kicker KX1200.1 Then I showed him how they were hooked up. People that work at Best Buy and Circuit City don't trust them well some of them know whats up. But do your research and then you will know whats up if the sales people don't know there sh~t.

Username: Chuck_623

Post Number: 10
I am a former Best Buy installer and I can defend most people. But there are some people who just make sh*t up as they go along. There have been numerous times where I had to correct people to save a sale or stop the customer from thinking the company has people with no clue selling products.

But I recently went to "a custom shop" here in VA Beach and it was honestly one of the worst car audio experiences I have had.

I sold all my tools and didnt want to by more just to instal my system so I figured they sell top of the line products and have a good reputation so I can trust them with my car.
*WRONG*

All I wanted them to do was an amp and cap. I go to get my car and the only thing ran correctly was the 2ga power wire, and I was told that was corrected right before I came.

This IDIOT had my sub amp grounded to the car and the Cap ground ran to the amp. So there were 2 ground cables coming out of my amp. (1 to car 1 to cap)

There were no RCA cables ran, no remote wireand there was also random careless damage to the plastic moldings in the car. Given it is a 96 Yukon, but it wasn't messed up before It went in there.

So in short it's not just BBY and CC. And honestly the "local shops" may be behind BBY and CC at least you know they in one way or the other will be accountable for their work, but these idiots are like freelance learners.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Chrome Dip it & Ship i...

Post Number: 8481
you guys won't believe this.....i went into a BB the other day, and the guy knew what DD was.........lol then he told me that the Type R's(accordion suspension) was just the old Type X Models with the R sticker on them, and that they upgraded the Type X's..............not sure, but whaaat!?!? what about the fact that the Type X needs triple the power of the R to get loud. and if you put triple the power on a type R it would melt....

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6987
circuit city guy told me best buy guys are full of sh!t.

Bronze Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chi Town

Post Number: 43
i dunno whether they are really stupid, or if they're just BS'ing, but they work in sales...it should be expected to an extent

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3761

quote:

circuit city guy told me best buy guys are full of sh!t.

that just made my day...

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3709
both of them are full of sh!t.. a matter of fact the BB hates our custom store... lol
Also I belive BB stops installing next year... LMAO

Bronze Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 87
lol i usually learn on my own but i kno more than the people at best buy and circuit city

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 991
glad we dont have BB or CC here, just a few local shops, and i do think they know what they are doing even though they shell stuff like Sony. I think they just sell that cause every kid around here knows the name/

Silver Member
Username: Jenifer_contreras

PIMP Member, Yokosuka, Ka...

Post Number: 902
and what about The Wiz ?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8529
wtf is the Wiz....am i missing something...

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1167
I am actually glad to see people finding out how stupid the world really is. These are the people that go about not caring about learnin the right way and then they end up in a management position. And just because they have been workin for 5 years or whatever doesnt mean didley to me. To me a 5 year experienced moron is just as precious as a novice moron.

This is why I enjoy people watching.

For entertainment, thats all. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 569
A lot of those people dont know much, i asked one guy once you know a lot about this stuff or ur just working in the section, he laughed at me and went yeah i know a lot, so i asked can i use a mono sub to power 2 subs he said no i said im pretty sure u can he said yeah but the amp will over heat real quick. I said goodbye lol he didnt know what he was talking about this was like a year ago

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 194
I was told by a very well known shop in the southeast that "RE can't be good, because I've never heard of it"... I have second guessed everything I've ever been told since that day. lol

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 570
muddy the wiz is an electronic store

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 377
a guy at a local shop here told me that the rocford fosgate power series is 10x better than my dd 3512, he said that the ten would easily out hit my 12 with the same power!

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Working on a secret pr..., Oregon USA

Post Number: 520
A guy here at car toys, told me that, they stopped making 1 ohm stable amps 2 years ago.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7035
how about a circuit city telling me i ain't ready for a kicker kx2500.1. he said it is a beast and not for a normal person.

why don't everyone go to circuit city or best buy this weekend and ask the people there a bunch of questions. come back here and post some funny stories.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 852
When said wiring wizard I meant that site for rockford where you go to see how to wire, up to 4 subs and what you can get from them by their VC configureations.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Diamonds in the back.

Post Number: 1816
one time i told a guy about my RE amp....and this employee at the car audio shop said that he never heard of RE and i was probably having problems with my amp bc it is not a mainstream brand...he said here we sell mainstream good brands that you know will last like audiobahn sony alpine pioneer.....

and also ive heard many places that a mono amp will cut your ohms in half...

this is true in one way....

it is true when the amp has 2 positive hookups and 2 negative hookups....if u wire 2 ohms to each...then the amp will see one ohm

and no matter what the amp "sees" , if it says one ohm stable, and you wire the sub to one ohm....the amp will be stable..

many guys who believe in the mono amps cutting in half idea dont get this

Bronze Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 88
sometimes I ask questions at best buy and circuit city and they seem to get a confused look on their face

Bronze Member
Username: Miles_hood

Tyler, Texas US

Post Number: 48
lol i know what yall mean i work at best buy and i am the only one in the car sterio that knows what they are talking about.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us