Marshall, Kevin, somebody!!....box help please

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 454
here is a lnk to my install.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/279245

12" arsenals, w/ 2 cuft each without displacement.

i plan on porting this box, i already checked with Chad at ascendant audio tech and he said that box is perfect size (he would know, so please dont question my motives here) and i want to port it to 35hz. i want this very loud, but still have decent to good SQ. anyway, where should i put the aero ports on my box?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1584
link didn't work.. what is the complete box specs.. external dimensions and sub displacement

Silver Member

Post Number: 455
well it is 2.06 cubic feet per chamber.it is 14 inches high, 30 across and 22 1/4 deep but front is double baffle, so inside dementions are 12.5 inches high, 28.5 across and 20 deep

i dont know displacement for sure. specs are here

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/arsenal12specs.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 456
and here is the link to my install if it works this time

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/279245.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 1585
theres only two ways you can port that box.. make that center baffle that divides the chambers a brace support by cutting it away to look something similar to a window [+] and using one slot port on one of the sides or you could port each chamber.. only drawback is the ports would be facing opposite directions.. any chance of you making a new box?

Silver Member

Post Number: 457
maybe i guess. all i wound need would be a sheet of MDF. but i would rather just use aero ports and port each chamber. that was my plan. i just dont know where to put the port at. i could possibly sqeeze them in on the front of the box or the side or the back<< which would be easiest. but if you think it would be alot better to just build a new box, then i might as well, but theres no way i can fit a bigger box in there, as you can tell by the pic, it is a very tight sqeeze already

Silver Member

Post Number: 458
why is this thread being G>A>Y? theres actually 6 posts and it says theres only 4, and it hasnt gone up to the top when i post

Gold Member

Post Number: 1587
External dimensions of 14x30x22.25 leaves you with 4.278cu.ft..

vent should be 12.5x3x21 to tune it to 35hz.. now where to put the port is up to you.. far left.. far right.. or you could put it in the middle of the two subs..

if you want you could use two 4" aeros 11.5 inches long.. would get you that 35hz your looking for

Silver Member

Post Number: 459
yes but the front of the box is 1.5 inches=3/4" MDF x 2. and divide your answer by 2 and you get 2.06 cuft per chamber.

also, yes i would put in aero ports, but doesnt it matter where you put them? i mean it would be loudest to put them in the front of the box but they wouldnt fit there, so i was thinking id put them in the back of the box, firing the ports into the cabin. you think i will get much more SPL by doing this? (not doing anything to the box except put 1 4" port in the back of each chamber?

Silver Member

Post Number: 460

Gold Member

Post Number: 1588
i honeslty don't see that current box working.. if you put the port directly behind the subwhat do you think will happen.. you will have some back pressure but its just going to blow through.. the only design i saw that had a setup like your thinking about doing was two alpine type Rs downfiring with ports facing up.. its only did a 134.x on a TL and sounded horrible.

i just don't see that bo working unless you cut out that chamber divider and porting it out the side

Silver Member

Post Number: 463
ok
thanks man. what kind of box could i build that would be loudest? i dont have much space to play with as you can tell by my pics.

somebody want to design a box for me, tuned to 35hz that will fit in my trunk?

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
--------------------------------------------------

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
anybody???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help