I want EVERYONES opinion please!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chi Town

Post Number: 28
I want to put a system in my 2000 Crown Victoria P.I.
Sound quality and raw power are equally important to me.
Don't want to upgrade electrical or anything like that. (Being a police cruiser, i wonder if it has a better-than-stock elec. system already?)
Also don't want to buy from ebay, or used stuff in general(bad luck in the past).
Need Sub(s), amp, enclosure and all necessary wiring.
Head unit and speakers are already taken care of(alpine head; infinity speakers).

My budget for the stuff i need is around $600 shipped.

ALL SUGGESTIONS/ADVICE ARE WELCOMED AND APPRECIATED.

Bronze Member
Username: Dvautier

Bellevue, Wa Usa

Post Number: 40
I installed a sub just recently in my truck. here are some things I found out.

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Webs\ranger\sub.htm

Bronze Member
Username: Dvautier

Bellevue, Wa Usa

Post Number: 41
I installed a system on my truck just recently. here are some things I found out.

http://dvautier.home.comcast.net/ranger/sub.htm

Bronze Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 29
that link don't work fer me :-(

i'ma go workout then eat dinner PLS post suggestions guys and ill be back to respond in an hour or so.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 538
Are you looking for 12's or 15's? One or Two subs?

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 493
you need to save more money if you want a loud system like you are talking about when you say "raw power"......make your own box for like 35 bucks and for a sub or subs..........what do you want 12, 15, 18????????

Bronze Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 30
Well the crown vic obviously has MASSIVE trunk space, so i'm not opposed to multiple subs. However a 1 15" setup would be fine as long as it can still hit pretty hard.

Bronze Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 31
I know most ppl on this site like the novelty of making your own box, but it might be nice to avoid that seeing as i work full time, and go to school part time.

Also i would have failed wood shop in highschool if i wasn't a good football / basketball player...so as easy as you guys might think it is...i feel like i'd F@#$ it up.

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 494
I would get a fi Q and kicker zx1000.....cept you would have to get the kicer off ebay cuz thats the cheapest place........or a soundstream pca1000d or maybe even a pca1500d if you can find one for cheap......and go to knuconcepts.com for wiring

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 495
do you have any friends that can help and oh I forgot the link for the sub......well here is the site. www.ficaraudio.com and you could also get a Fi SSD 15 for 209 shipped or even step up to the 18 for 239 shipped........then the amps would be cheaper also and it would still bang loud......

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 496
you could get this and run t at 1ohm since its overrated a lil which will give you like 1000watts and run it to the ssd 15 or 18 and sound good........http://www.millionbuy.com/hifbxi1206d.html

see what other people say though......

all that for like under 500 then throw in some wire and a box and there is 600

Bronze Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 32
Thx trevor, 15" ssd for $209 shipped might be a winner...i've heard nothing but good things about Fi subs.

The ZX1000 amp is $290 on hifisoundconnection.com but it is refurbished...i know what refurbished means but should i steer clear of that?

Also on hifisoundconnection.com they have a ton of enclosures covering a pretty wide price range...which might be a good one for a 15" ssd??

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 687
most refurbs are legit

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 497
do your back seats fold down or not??????? i think ported would be best for you if they did otherwise sealed......http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/2177684/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046
doesnt list the freq at which it is tuned but its between the specs of fi site......

then seriously if you are going sealed buy some wood and have someone build you a nice rectangle or square simple box.......so much cheaper and you know the build quality of it then.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2428
do you know what size your stock alt is, useally anything over 800wrms is too much for stock, i'd go with a kx600.1 or zx750.1 which ever is cheaper and one AA arsenal, it would make a great sql setup.

Bronze Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 34
good question i'll check...i bet it doesn't fold down cuz the cops wouldn't want a prisoner trying to get into the trunk and stuff...

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 498
yeah that would be good too cept that zx750.1 puts out 900 watts. so you could get the 15 arsenal for 270 or so shipped then the kx600.1 for like 180 at hifi.........if you have an ebay account(I kno u said no ebay, but this seller is a powerseller and has excellent feedback rating) check this memphis out????? its underrated and would go nicely with the arsenal........

http://cgi.ebay.com/MEMPHIS-ST-500D-MONO-BLOCK-500-WATT-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ26005 0510189QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4950QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

item number 260050510189

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 500
heck you might even be happy with 2 12inch assasins.......very good sq woofer and then you could buy a nice custom box and good amp and wire all for 600 easy....... the assasins are single voice voil 4ohms so you would need that kx600.1 and be set......sub/amp would be just about 415 shipped or less and then you could get your box for about 100 or so then nice wiring........

vwalla!!!!!!!!! nice system for under 600 bucks shipped

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3197
prolly a good bet right there^^. not too much power, not too complicated.

Bronze Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 35
10-4 on the seats NOT folding down...if it's not too hard to explain, why does that mean i want sealed box as opposed to ported if the seats could fold down?

Thanks alot guys you are seriously helpin me out...ppreciate it.

Bronze Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 36
i remember looking at the assassins / arsenals...but i can't recall the website for the life of me...remind me?

Bronze Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 37
nevermind lol i thought of it right as i posted that last one :-)

Silver Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 502
you wont really notice a difference with the trunk being sealed off between proted and sealed.......atleast I never did and it would take away sound quality of those fine SQ woofers

Bronze Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 38
the AA website says the 2 12 assassins do 700rms combined, and the 1 15 arsenal does 750rms...and according to hifi, the kicker kx600 amp only does 300rms...wouldn't that leave either setup under-powered?

Gold Member

4, 20

Post Number: 2432
the kx600.1 does 300wrms at 4ohms and 600wrms at 2ohms but its under rated easily in the mid 700wrms range, its a very good amp, it would push 2 assassins or one arsenal nicely trust me.imo i would go with one arsenal ported, it would have good sq while getting pretty loud.

Bronze Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 39
Neo you think ported is the way to go even though it's gonna be sealed in my trunk?

would this be a good box then for the one arsenal setup?
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1632998/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

Gold Member

4, 20

Post Number: 2433
ya i would still go ported, im not fond of pre-fab ported boxes cause there useally tuned really high, if you can email that website and see what the tuning of that box is, if its above 35hz i wouldn't reccomend getting it, but other than that it looks like a decent box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us