Hey GP pimp...

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2023
Have you changed out your factory components yet? I am curious to what you used and does it sound good? I have a Kicker SX900.4 I need to get in my car and was looking at the A/D/S components. Polo.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 543
YAY my very own thread lol, nah man i havent swapped em out, reason being i dont know how much longer im keepin the GP :-( though i really need to, do u have bose? cuz my stock stuff dont sound good at all now its starting to bug me but i guess ill have to deal with it for a while longer.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9951
my nephew has a GAGT???if that helps any...arnt they like almost the same???

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 544
im not sure bout the interior though, cuz arent GA's 2 doors?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9964
nooooo, he has a 4 door

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3720
Grand AM GT is NOT the same as a Grand Prix! :-)

the Grand AM has a 3.1 while the Grand Prix packages are a 3.8, 3.8 supercharged and the new 5.1 package !! the biggest engine in a front wheel drive to date! from automobile history! :-O
new transmission deisgn gets all that power to the ground in a FWD...

am is midsize while the prix is full size....

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3723
Polo Im sure those speakers will sound good on that amp... if u have the bose, system, just be sure to bypass the factory amplifier!

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 547
"the Grand AM has a 3.1 while the Grand Prix packages are a 3.8, 3.8 supercharged and the new 5.1 package !! the biggest engine in a front wheel drive to date! from automobile history!"

unless you unfortunate enough like me to get stuck with the crappy SE 3.1 :-(

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2027
Hey B, ummm it isn't the largest front wheel drive in history, there was a late 60's or early 70's that had a 425ci big block as a front wheel drive one of the first ever front wheel drives! A buddy of mine had one would spin the tire uncontrollably. Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2028
Ok was a 455ci! Read up...:-)

http://www.442.com/oldsfaq/oftor.htm

Silver Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 987
Buddy of mine has a 06' GXP. Pulls like as son of a b!tch!!!!:-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Chrome Dip it & Ship i...

Post Number: 8498
and i thought arguing about Car Audio looked stupid sometimes.....:-)

Gold Member

Chrome Dip it & Ship i...

Post Number: 8499
wrong thread....fuckass!!!! hahaha

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2029
Ya, the GXP is awesome but believe it or not disable the wastegate on the Eaton M90 supercharger and witht he right tires the GTP will walk awy from it, seen it done! I have plans next year to buy a 99-01 GTP sedan and rework the block. I will also be making it rear wheel drive to take advantage of the wide array of trannys out there. The GTP block from the factory has four bolt cross drilled mains, forged rods, pistons (with low friction ring/piston coating) forged crank and is capable of much more. I am curious what it will do with twin AirResearch turbos. Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9970
" Grand AM has a 3.1 while the Grand Prix packages are a 3.8, 3.8 supercharged"

Can somebody say, do some reaseach.....

My nephew has a 3.4L GAGT..and i think GP has a 3.1L GP...soooo...also my sis had a GPGT and its not as fast as my nephews GAGT (top speed) it picked up better in the 20-50 range then his..but overall he had her beat...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3737
the packages I named off were the base packages...
but yes each class offers a different packages in diffrerent years...

Polo thanks for the correction on the FWD... the 455 was pure MUSCLE.. :-)

however the new GXP has a 5.3 instead of the 5.1 from last year... and should I rephrase biggest engine in its "class"

CB, the GAGT is ALOT lighter of a car that an GP! it makes NO sense comparing the 2....

R u sayin they raced? cause driver is key here... lol :-) I dont think she let the supercharger rev high enuff...

the GAGT is a dual cam while the GP is a over head cam... correct me if im wrong again...

also what year models are both cars? cause they dont even make the grand am any more....

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3738
"Ya, the GXP is awesome but believe it or not disable the wastegate on the Eaton M90 supercharger and witht he right tires the GTP will walk awy from it, seen it done! I have plans next year to buy a 99-01 GTP sedan and rework the block. I will also be making it rear wheel drive to take advantage of the wide array of trannys out there. The GTP block from the factory has four bolt cross drilled mains, forged rods, pistons (with low friction ring/piston coating) forged crank and is capable of much more. I am curious what it will do with twin AirResearch turbos. Polo"

X2!
Im a firm beliver that these 3.8 supercharged slightly modify V6s, will EAT MOST V8!! PERIOD! It just a quick f%CKin car! :-O very scarey...

turn the engine side ways and making it a rear wheel drive is totally insane... and askin to be propelled like a rocket! :-)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3739
I have also seen just the regualar 3.8 turbo, and they shred tires instantly... while still be FWD.. lol
the turbo for my 3.8 engine is like 3500$!
a twin turbo setup will be nutso...

and I must say the 3.1 or the 3.4 cant mess with the 3.8 series 1, 2 or 3!
just had to get that out... :-)

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8536
who cares about Pontiacs for christ sake!!!?!?!?!?

j/k:-)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3745
:-)

muddy MANY GM vehicles uses the same engines...
the discussion is about the engines, not the car...

I dont own a Pontiac, but it shares the same engine that is in my Buick... lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us