Odd Question, But PLEASE HELP

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

Post Number: 172
Hey guys, im not farmiliar with anything that sounds like this but my friend asked me to post this for him since he is away from a computer, so here it goes.

what amp do i need for a stock radio with no amp out puts?

Hopefully thats enough for an answer, any info would be great, links are good too!
KO

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

AudioqueUSA

Post Number: 2361
You need a line output converter...

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1999
You can hook any radio to any amplifier even without any preamp outs, FACT... Now how do you want to do it is up to you. You can either use some line out converters, the least expensive but yields the worse results, usually some amount of distortion due to the wire coils used to downgrade the voltage. My favorite would be to use a PAC adapter which uses a "vehicle specific" wire pigtail that plugs directly into the back of your factory headunit and to the PAC adapter itself. This actually will boost and filter the signal, it says 4V out but I measured almost 5.3V all the way up (40hz test tone) so it is safe to say that you can get a safe 4V+ out of it. There are also two sets out, front and rear also level adjustments on the PAC unit itself, great product. It costs a little but search e-bay, it is well worth it. This is the step I would take just before a new aftermarket head unit! Polo.. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Jenifer_contreras

PIMP Member, Yokosuka, Ka...

Post Number: 845
Click Here it's LIFT to L.O.K.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2011
You can hook any radio to any amplifier even without any preamp outs, FACT... Now how do you want to do it is up to you. You can either use some line out converters, the least expensive but yields the worse results, usually some amount of distortion due to the wire coils used to downgrade the voltage. My favorite would be to use a PAC adapter which uses a "vehicle specific" wire pigtail that plugs directly into the back of your factory headunit and to the PAC adapter itself. This actually will boost and filter the signal, it says 4V out but I measured almost 5.3V all the way up (40hz test tone) so it is safe to say that you can get a safe 4V+ out of it. There are also two sets out, front and rear also level adjustments on the PAC unit itself, great product. It costs a little but search e-bay, it is well worth it. This is the step I would take just before a new aftermarket head unit! Polo..:-)

PS- The PAC adapter also gives you a remote out wire for turning the amp on. :-O
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us