Amp for 2-12'' Oz Audio Matrix Subs

Username: Jefro6996

Post Number: 1
I have 2 12'' Oz Audio Matrix Subs in a ported box. Both subs can handle 700watts rms and i currently have a hifonics bd1605 amp. I had the subs wired to 1ohm and they didnt play as loud or as clean as they should be. I just rewired the subs to a 4 ohm load and they sound much cleaner but still not as loud as ihave heard these subs play before. What amp would be a better choice. Looking to spend around $500.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3325
diamond audio D6 1500.1 is very good.

Rockford t1000BD

Post Number: 2
Would i be better off using 2- Kicker ZX750.1 running each amp at 2 ohms or is it better to use just one amp. Do you think the problems i am having right now is because of the hifonics amp

Post Number: 3
The diamond audio D6 1500.1 looks like its around 440 on ebay which is about the same price as the 2-Kicker ZX750.1. What would be a better choice and why. I want these to be as loud as possible without the amp clipping.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7367
why not just get the kicker zx 1500.1? the diamond is a nice amp, so are the kickers. you can't go wrong either way.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3327
james, he needs 1500w rms at 1 ohm. The ZX is not 1 ohm stable. 2 amps will flow more current, so if you get two zx 750.1 is going to be better, but if you get the diamond audio is good too. both brands are good.

Post Number: 4
Yah i need 1500w rms at 1 ohm or two 750w rms at 2 ohms. The subs are dual 4 ohm voice coils. I think i might just go with the two kicker 750.1. Im going to order two more of the matrix 12's in a couple weeks. So it will be a plus having four amps. What batcap would you guys recommend for 4 kicker 750.1's

Gold Member

Post Number: 3341
do you have a HO alt. When you talk about batcaps, you're talking about something that produces a lot of current.

If you're talking about a capacitor then wait a moment.... First of all, do you have a high output alternator?? you'll need some kinetics, BIG 3, isolator...

Read this i got from google, some tips there

Audio System Batteries are car batteries specifically designed to handle the power needs of car audio systems under extreme power demand. Xstatic Car Audio & BATCAP Batteries are unique innovative power supplies that can handle such situations and supply sufficient energy for the most powerful car audio systems.

* PLEASE NOTE: A capacitor will not substitute for an electrical system that does not provide sufficient current to equal the reserve indicated by the fuse on the amplifier's power supply connection. If more power is needed, we suggest you consider an Audio System Battery.

Post Number: 5
I dont have a ho alt but i have done the big 3.

Post Number: 6
The vehicle is a dodge ram quad cab with everything in back seat(seats Removed). Now ijust have the 2 subs but am stepping up to 4 soon. I didnt plan on swapping an alt since the truck is just a lease and i am getting a new one in may. Just wanted to know if a batcap or extra battery would be sufficient enough for 4 of the kicker 750.1 amps

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1774
you arnt going to be able to run 4 of those amps with a stock alt. unless its just for comps and you have a seperate battery bank that you charge all the time
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us