My Box for my Mag 15s

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3184
Here she is!
Oh, you wanted completed pics? I'm kinda hungry. maybe after i eat I'll go out there and build it 8)
Upload
Below is how i make all my cuts. I measure six times, use a straight edge, cut once.
Upload
follow my measure 6 times cut once method and you'll get results like this. perfect.
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9684
i thought the proverb was "MEASURE TWICE , CUT ONCE" not measure 6 times ,cut once -lol

but i hear u since i too measure about 3 times b4 i cut .....

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3190
It is lol. but i found that measuring 6 times was more effective and yet more efficient because i NEVER have to recut a piece. (btw, i like all my cuts to be REALLLY close, i dont want any gaps AT ALL) home depot told me they could only cut within 1/8" i was like okay i'll cut them myself thank you lol. all my cuts are within like 1/64" lol. yeah i guess thats kind of rediculous but i like it 8)

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... \blink, red,...

Post Number: 2847
ur ghay trevor, WE NEED COMPLETED BOX PIX DAMNIT
lol

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6944
damn you perfectionist.

nice looking cuts btw.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3192
I got lazy after I ate. I'll finish it tomorrow :-P

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Chrome Dip it & Ship i...

Post Number: 8427
ehhh. i guess we will just have to wait.........................*sighs*..................

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3211
Here she is...

look ma, no screws!
Upload
hadn't sanded off the wood filler yet... (btw, it feel really cool to stand INSIDE your port. at that moment, you know its a monster 8) )
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3729
:-O looks good... I do undsertand... measure measure measure... nothing wrong with perfecting ur skills..
damn that box looks tasty, back of the escalade?? I already have a excellent idea on how that is goin to sound....

we did a escalade with a box similar to that size, and he had 2 1200d amps on each sub, and it straight got down low and dirty for some audiobahn.... :-) so I can imagine the mags....

nice curves on the ports, seen u been quite busy...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3214
Thanks B :-) and yup, back of the Caddy!

I may be picking up a new product line for my business so as soon as thats over I can start ordering my new HU, epic160, Amp, alternator, etc. damn, I cant wait!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3731
:-) daymn... sounds like ur in for madd fun... epic 160 looks real good too, but i have the epic-center already... but I was told its still the same, but I would like the meter...

good luck on the project... Im gettin ready to put together a stupid stupid system... but I got setback, cause the car dealer try to steal my $$, and im still very upset, so if I dont get it back, I will be in jail for a very long time... :-(

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4117
is that angle thing at the end of the prot held on by just glue? JW

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3218
Upload
nope, there are screws. but what many people dont know is that the main purpose of screws is just to hold the wood tightly together while the glue drys.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7010
awesome box.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Post Number: 114
Nice box. Ill be making my dual 15 vented sunday ill post pix. It will be for 2 ssd's for now but im putting 05 kicker comp 15's in till i by the ssd's. Then 2 months for my 2 BTL F/L and orions Can't wait for all that xmas money :-)

Gold Member

Chrome Dip it & Ship i...

Post Number: 8497
awesome box Trevor VERY NICE.

and i too don't understand why people go NUTS with the screws...they are there JUST to hold the box tightly together until the glue dries as you said. hell my shop owner used a staple gun......never had leaky boxes...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3219
Thanks for the compliments guys! makes the work feel even more worth while.

Eddy, did i understand you correctly? your buying ssd's and in 2 months getting BTLs? lol why wouldnt you just go straight to the BTLs?

muddy- yeah i was thinking about using a brad nailer actually for the "V" in the back of the port. i couldnt find it though. i think my dad may have taken it back lol.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3733
i would still thro some screws in there, especially if ur gonna put some power to that box... just fill the screw holds with bondo and sand everything back down after....

i know the glue hold the boxes, but in 1 year just the carpet will be holding the boxes... I see this alot with prefab boxes and no screws... lol
alot of resonance start to occur when pannels get loose... I also think it has alot to do with the types of glues used....

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8533
Liquid NAils FTW!!!!!!!:-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9706
nice box

i use 2" drywall screws like every 4.5-5" & liquid nails ....

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3246
yup. i used 2.5 inch course drywall screws and liquid nails.

B, there are screws through out the entire box, i just countersunk them and filled the hole with wood filler. and besides, i wont need any screws, the entire thing is going to be resined so it will be VERY strong. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2867
it looks really nice trevor when u get it in give us a review on those mag's cause i am thinking of grabbing one

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... \blink, red,...

Post Number: 2862
lol those are sum fugly feet. but man thats a nice a ss box.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Post Number: 115
Im buing the ssd's first cause im selling them to my friend with a box for 600 bucks after i get my btls :-) ill make about 150 bucks profit and get to use them for a while first.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2543
lookin good man

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3252
actually, a girl has actually complimented me on my feet before. it was kinda weird... but you can STFU! :-)

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8545
wow.....never thought i would see the day that someone would be defending their feet on the forum . lmao!

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 133
Trevor, do you use a circular saw to cut the boards for your box? That's how I do it; clamp a straight edge down, then run the circular saw down it- poor mans table saw....haha

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3265
yup, thats how i do it matt. ever seen a saw stop table saw though? It's badass.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7045
any updates trevor? i need more pics. i can't live without sub box pics.

Bronze Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chi Town

Post Number: 48
the second toe should extend past the big toe....f!@#ing freak.

j/k :-) nice box

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3267
I'll give you some pics tomorrow. really not anything new today. I think I'm going to start the resining process tomorrow :-)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3268
Crown- The second toe shouldn't be longer. thats why they call it the "big toe". yall are jus upset because you cant stand in your port :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chi Town

Post Number: 50
sorry i been drinkin haterade all day

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1021
ok guys....get off him and his feet...remember big feet= big weiner

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8551
LMAO^^^

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3351
heres some updates!
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3769
nice pics Trevor...
did u forget to resin the hallway walls leading outside of the port too?? that would also help alot! :-)

looks good tho....

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 772
Where do u get resin and how much is it? does it make a very noticeable difference in the overall sound?

Nice box BTW.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3356
B, no i didn't forget. It's just more complicated to do those areas and its cold outside so I'm giong to wait til tomorrow to do the "hallway". damn, thats good, hallway, i like it. :-)

Jordan-resin can be bought at home depot, lowes, advanced, napa, etc. its about 30$ a gallon. It not only reinforces the walls but creates a really slick surface as you can see so that the air flows more smoothly across the surface. result, less port turbulance, more SQ, more SPL. although there has been rare occasions SPL went down, but I'm going to take that chance lol. who knows, it could have been the temperature of a new day that acutally made it go down or whatever...

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3773
ok cool...
u can also order resin from selectproducts in BULK!
http://www.selectproducts.com/
its ALOT different from the automotive type resins u find in those other stores...

resin can ONLY help inside a box... giving it a glassed surface.... expect .5-2db gain... just from the resin and box design!

I like to mix mine very hott, so it cures in about 5-10 mins... but mixing too hot can make it crack... and start smoking & catch on fire... lol
:-)

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7079
looking good trevor. you know your sh!t man. you know your sh!t. good job.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3364
Thanks again guys! and B, thanks for that site. i know all stuff bought outside of those stores is better but its easier for me to pick it up. resin doesnt make that big of a difference but things like body filler theres a huge difference between good grade and bad grade. that site has a lot of stuff on it. i've never seen it before, thanks.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3776
no prob... :-)

A++ service from them man... they got everything u will need for a project...

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

15in re sx, Il Us

Post Number: 380
so if resin makes it slick... i could use varnish? that makes it slick.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3778
use whatever u must, but it wont yeild results like the resin, but would most certainly help!

I also heard of people using water sealent stuff b4 also...

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8584
looks Good Trevor!:-)

keep up the good work.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4957
I didnt no the resin could make a .5 to 2 db difference cuz we didnt even resin my dual 6.5 abc box with the tangbands. We should have but it was put together in a rush. 128.6 db in the integra was our best result 2.5 woulda been nice 131.1 db

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4958
nice work on the box trevor

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2889
trevor nice job but just rem when u resin it changes the tuning usually like up a hertz or so just letting u know not a big deff but still there lol

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 209
that bocks is hawt

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3370
thanks everybody!

charlie-if tuning is changed the tune goes down not up. if what your going at is the volume is less that is technically true, but the same thickness on the walls will be on the port so less port volume and less turbulance equals lower tune.

sean- yeah those guys who first did the tang band box resined it and hit over 130. i wonder if thats what you lack?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2896
i heard up from marshall forget the reasoning i could have just remembered it wrong but i think he said up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us