Best 1000RMS+ amp for $350

Bronze Member
Username: Chevyfan502

Post Number: 22
i need to kno what i should get for a mono amp....im considering a 1000 watt mono alpine amp for around 350 shipped...is there any amp that is better for around 350??

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 486
what are you gonna use it for?????? whar are your subs voice coil congifuration??????

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3308
if you need 1 ohm stable amps check this:

kicker kx 1200
Memphis modelss on ebay.
ED nine 1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
im using it for 2 DD2512a's.....and wire them to 2 ohm, so i need somethin that puts out 1000rms x 1 at 2ohms or better....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
k now how would i wire 2 4ohm DD2512a's to a memphis MCD1000 to get the 1100rms at 1 ohm?...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3316
ok. check this list:

1- JBL GTO 1201.1 rated to put 1114w at 2 ohms, but it really puts more-
2- Alpine MRD 10005
3- MTX 1501D (underrated)
4- Clarion DPX 11500(new amp and very cheap).
5- JBL BP 1200 (hard to find a new one, but an used one can be amazing for your subs)
6- ED nine1( puts between 900-1100w)

That's a good list. Decent amps with decent prices.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3317
Trevor, you can get the version you want, DVC 4 ohm or DVC 2 ohm. That's your choice. Those two lists over there can give you some ideas of what to get for 350$

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
isnt the memphis good? says 1100rms at 1ohm, and another dumb question...is 4 guage heavy enough for that amp?...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3322
oh sorry, this forum is slow, i couldn't see your posts up there. The memphis is a great choice, a nice amp and underrated.

If i were you i'd go with 2 AWG. I don't think 4 AWG will flow that amount of current. A good website for wires is www.knukonceptz.com

About the wiring coils question. Wire them in parallel to create a 1 ohm load.

Go to www.the12volt.com and hit the link woofer wiring. There's a diagram so you can do it better/easier

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

Amman, Jordan DDs dealer i...

Post Number: 600
juliob , Its the First time u wrote a wrong info .

JBL GTO is 2 ohm stable and he need 1 ohm .

See said before his sub's are DVC 4 ohm .

I have one DD2512 wired on zx1000.1 , But ur sub's can handle more than 1000w . They said in DD's website 600w , So u are giving each sub 500-550 RMS .

I would say 1000w for each sub BUT if u know what u r doing .

Else , I would say Kx1200.1 Will be PERFECT for your SUB's .

And u will LOVE your Install..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3339
night, i didn't see his post when i posted the info. That's why i put another list for 1 ohm stable amps, but thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2025
PG Xenon 1200.1, 1200rms + into 1-4 ohms, pick your configuration, lol. Polo. :-) Great amp BTW.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 9950
^^If u can find one...im kinda looking right now...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3343
yeah, they're hard to find. check www.woofersetc.com

chauncey, you might look alpine PDX line. Very expensive BTW

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
actually i dont have the subs yet, getting them soon so i am finding an amp for them right now....i thought for some reason i could only get the dd's in 4ohm, somebody that supposedly knew alot about dd told me that, but i will get 2ohm now that i kno....and the amp doesnt have to be at 1ohm, i just want it to push at least 1000rms at either 1 or 2ohms....was goin to get the memphis but i dont use credit cards i just buy by money order which i cannot use for the memphis MCD1000 that puts out the 1100rms at 1ohm i found on ebay....so im deciding if i should wait for another one to come up on ebay....or get the alpine MRD 1005 right now....or besides them 2 im not sure ....like i said i would like to stay around $350 shipped, but a lil more is fine....(WANT RELIABLE WITH GOOD BACKING/CUSTOMER SERVICE SO IF IT BREAKS I CAN GET IT FIXED...AND GOOD SQ) also dont neccesarily want an amp thats power hungry because i might just be using 2 batteries w/stock alternator....lol thanks again NEED HELP DECIDING BAD :P

Silver Member

Post Number: 601
kx1200.1 or PG Xenon 1200.1

Would be the Best Choices 4 your sub's ..

And kx would be about 300$ shipped .

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9697
honestly i would get a 1500wrms amp instead since those subs can easily handle more power ......

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1267
FYI the MTX 1501D only puts out about 1000 watts. I bought one and the birth sheet said 1000 watts.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 511
they rate their products at 12.5v though and Trevor........kenny on here is selling an mc1000 for 280 shipped. D@mn good amp for the price and money

Gold Member

Post Number: 3344
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MTX-Thunder-1501D-Mono-Amp-Amplifier-1500-Watt-Ca r_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQihZ003QQitemZ130046261104QQrdZ1

Lucas, is obvious that you don't know what to say and you twist the reality just to annoy me. I told ya the MTX is measured at 12.5V and then they have ratigns at 14.4V. At 14.4V the amp puts 1500w rms.

Did you know that?

i guess you don't.

Gold Member
Username: B101

USA

Post Number: 3732
memphis 1000d...
i still think is 1 of the best 1000ds... and is 1ohm stable! and I also will put money it eats a JL 1000d! :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
is it possible i can find a new KX1200.1 for under 400 shipped brand new with warranty from ebay or somewhere else?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
and that amp is stable at 1ohm right? not because i need 1 ohm neccessarily but thats where it puts out its peak 1200rms...im not sure on the memphis now, so if it is possible for the kicker or memphis i am going to get the Alpine mrd1005, which should push them pretty good...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
if it isnt*

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1203
Heres a PG for 350. Just listed.
idk if its good or bad model, just throwing it out there.

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ele/233031004.html

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1270
they don't test it at 14.4v only at 12.5, so do you know for sure that it will put out that much? No, because you've never owned one juliob. I have. And I had it tested. It put out 1252 at 14.4v. Thats pretty shy of 1500. Thats why I don't recommend that amp, but you could just listen to juliob. Maybe he'll talk you into a spiffy Lanzar amp. That would be AWESOME!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 602
U can find kx1200.1 NEW for under 400$ , Yah Look @ ebay ..

As Rovin Said they can handle over 1500w , But u have to set ur gain correctly ..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3345
yeah right lucas, i think you've never seen that amp in person. Is obvious that you don't know about car audio and yeah i'll keep buying lanzar like you with your l7s.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3348
http://www.carsound.com/review_archive/amps/vibe1200d.html

Again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
k thank you....so the kx1200.1 will be stable at 1ohm right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
and Night Mirage u said i can find one for under 400 new, is that including shipping? because there isnt one on ebay new right now....like i said i would like it to be under 400 shipped w/warranty....thanks

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1271
hey juliob here are some pics of my "L7's". Why don't you post some pics of your install????

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1272
stupid pics got messed up. let me try again.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1326
nice setup luc.. looks like u still got room back there too.. which amp is that?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1788
kicker 2500 but is that under powering those subs a decent amount? arnt they like 1200rms or something

Gold Member

Post Number: 3351
yeah lucas, looks nice i found that pic on google you f4g.

Trevor the KX 1200.1 is 1 ohm stable.

FYI lucas, i have JL subs. Now you can leave me alone...

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1274
Juliob you found a pic of my ride on google? wow thats amazing.
Marc the black amp on top is a kx800.4 the one under it is a kx2500.1. I built the boxes this way so that I can still get to my spare tire which is under the floor between the boxes. Yeah its underpowered. Thos subs are 750 rms, but I heard that they can handle twice that. I already had the amp when I built the system. I might get another one later. Its not done yet. I have to make a shround to cover all the wires around the amp and I'm going to put speaker grills on. And if you notice the deck in the front doesn't have trim around it yet. I had to cut the vents out to install the AVN6600. Hey juliob i'm still waiting for pics of your install.

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
Hey .. Whats that all about !!!!

BTW ,Juliob : Sonicelectronix Do not have kx1200.1 right Now . Its finished .

U can keep looking @ ebay , U will find one .

Bronze Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 78
Trevor you should just get an Elemental Desings Nine.1 they do 1200 rms at 12.6v 1 ohm stable to...

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 138
Just to clear something up, DD 2500's only come in DVC 4 ohm.

Bronze Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 79
sorry i didnt pay attention to that...

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1275
I found out how to make Juliob shut-up. Just ask him to post pics of his install.

Silver Member

Post Number: 604
lucas , We don't post here to SHUT-UP any one .

Juliob always gives members a good info's and he is helpful person .

So making him SHUT-UP (Not ur Business)

If u have anything good u wanna say it Go on . If u don't Just keep it in your keyboard.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1276
juliob is annoying and talks trash and can't back it up. im just asking him to back it up for once.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3357
yeah now you want to help me and be "my internet friend" kinda g4y lol! Lucas i have JL subs ok? what's your damn problem. Yeah, you got some l7s, that's what you like but i really like lil systems, i don't care too much about spl cuz eventually you will lose the hearing ability and SPL systems, increase hearing loss.

Too bad sonicelectronix doesn't have the KX anymore, in the past, a lot of people said it was a good place to buy and they always have 1 or 2 year warranty (not bad at all).

And aman, yeah i always try to help, some people recognize and give credits to others that deserve it.

IDK about you lucas, you just come here to ditch lanzar and talk sh1t about my opinions. Get a better life and help other guys by giving good advices.

That will make you a "better person" lol!

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1278
still all words and no pics, huh?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3362
No pics for you! lol!

U know my lil system is good, you just want to see it cuz you got some L7s and wanna make fun of me, keep trying.

I have this in my ride

2 JL 12 subs
Lanzar vibe 1800d (and you hate it for only 145$ 1200-1400w rms at 1 ohm with 4X30A fuse and has more than a year)
5 channel alpine MRV f352 for mids and highs

Now keep talking and annoying people.

Bronze Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 40
LOL, he still never posted his pics!!!

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 41
He claims he knows sooooooo much about loud systems, when he doesn't even have one, but that is the joy about the internet, every clown can claim whatever they want.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2099327
You can check out my two subs and my small amp (Orion 2400D + 2 Orion H2's 12.4's) as soon as I get my 2400D back, I am going to make a new deck to get this crap off of my back seat!!!

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1279
hey i likes the ride. i like how u matched the sub box too. oh and how did you get a pic of my girlfriend? that trifiling h0!!!!

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 45
LOL, my wife hates that picture

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 46
lucas did you watch the video of the chick on the second page? It's hilarious trust me

Gold Member

Post Number: 3365
so what quintin, just because i don't have 3k rms system IDK how a 3k rms system sounds???

BTW those orions H2 are just loud, they don't have SQ at all, but they're very cheap.

And yeah i don't have a loud system, who cares, you? then STFU

Gold Member

Post Number: 3366
quitin, WTF are you talking about loudness if you have a 1200w rms system? i just want to know one thing? why do you care too much about my system. Just concentrate in your system and try helping other people.

Lucas F*ck you.

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 47
LOL, you say that the ORION's are cheap? What's next Orion makes bad paroducts? I guess I should have bought the Lanzar products instead right? LMFAO

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 48
LOL, you say that they Orion's are cheap? I hope you mean in price, but I guess you would say Orion makes bad products since you have such high quality Lanzar crap. LMFAO.

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 49
I don't care about your system at all. You aren't on my level. Get your weight up before you try to talk trash about anybody else's system. BTW, were still waiting on your pics. LMAO. And also, I used to have a very loud system, 2 of the JL1000/1, each one hooked up to each sub, but they kept overheating since my system is wired down to one ohm. When they were on though, it was a constant headache the db levels I was hitting. So, I had to downgrade. Long story short, I know what a loud system sounds like from personal use, and my system still blasts now even with the 1200w rms amp. Again, post your pics of your system before you hate on anyone elses'.

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1280
I'm at work right now, but I'll check out the video when I get home. LMAO juliob is a LIGHTWEIGHT. He needs to stop trying to help people based off of his best 'guess'. I can't beleive that he said that about ur system when he has JL w0's and a Lanzar amp. I am rolling over laughing. Stupid kid.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3367
well, then stop talking about my system lucas if i'm a lightweight. Quintin i'll tell you something. If you had a JL 1000/1 and it was overheating, why didn't you run it at 4 ohms or matched the gain properly?? and instead you bought a 1200w rms amp, that's something stupid.

Lucas, now you're a better person right? STFU you don't know sh1t about car audio. Many people here knows a lot and they have 1 12 or even 2 10 with low power amps. But i guess you picked me just to annoy. Keep the good work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 605
STOP TALKING LIKE GIRLS .

U 're bothering me , I do n't want to receive emails from Ecoustics just 2 read a stupid POSTS .

Make a new Thread and write on the title ( GIRLS TALKING ) .

Gold Member

Post Number: 3368
http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-KX1200-1-1200-WATT-MONO-SUB-AMPLIFIER-CLASS-D_W0QQite mZ250048766176QQihZ015QQcategoryZ79829QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's a good refurb, if you accept buying refurbished amps. It has a 90 days warranty

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7404
good point julio! thats the beauty of the JL what power you would get at 1 ohm you would get at 4ohms. Orion makes great products also, not as good as they used to be but still good. I disagree with your statement

"He claims he knows sooooooo much about loud systems, when he doesn't even have one, but that is the joy about the internet, every clown can claim whatever they want. "

Just because someone is not running a SPL system doesnt mean they don't kow about the products that are used in aiding high db #'s. I am only running 400 watts @ 12 volts to my comp's,rear's and sub but that doesnt mean I have never run a SPL set-up. Most bassheads don't stay basshead's they eventually turn to SQ, there is an exception for competitor's but even most guys who compete run SQ systems when they are not competing. There is no need to E-Fight no one ever win's, its a waste of time and pointless! let's just all get along while we are here. You can say what you want to respond to me negatively I have seen and done a whole lot in this world and not much you can say can offend me.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7405
bump ,this forum is whacked out!

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1285
your right james, but ive tried to make amends with juliob but he just comes back with more insults. so until he grows up he can lick my nad cheese. i too have merged to the sq scene after many years of hard bumping, but i actually found sq with spl. but i still don';t listen to it turned all the way up. i just like to have it incase i pull up next to all those juliobs out there that think they are bumping.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3370
lol! i bet you won't see me on streets. Orion is good for the guy over there called quintin.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7430
I hear you Lucas there is nothing wrong with that.

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 3880
Upload

this is a DAMN good underated amp!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3373
hehe, yeah change the subject.

Bronze Member
Username: Peterstv

Gainesville, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 46
the Cerwin vega EXL 1200D is only 350 bucks...a great deal.

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 55
Juliob's still hating on other people's systems I see. I am not even going to reply to his ignorant @$$ comments.

Bronze Member

Florida

Post Number: 56
I would embarrass you Juliob if you ever pulled up next to me trying to blast your high quality Lanzar. My crappy Orion's would make you take off in a hurry, let alone if you pulled up next to me in a Pinto.....LOL

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10127
none of yall would have wanted to see me this summer...lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
aight so im going to go with the elemental designs nine.1 because it puts out 1200rms at 12.6 volts and it has a 3 year warranty....anything bad i should know about this amp before i buy it?...

Gold Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1300
good choice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us