Coaxial speakers not loud at all.

Silver Member
Username: Mcazayoux

New roads, La United states

Post Number: 173
i have 2 alpine coaxials in the rear doors of my truck run off of an alpine cd player. i also have an infinity component set in the front. the coaxials are about 20% as loud as the component set. is there something i may have done wrong hooking them up, or is it supposed to be this way.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1730
check the HU settings to see if it is faded to the back or front

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
its centered

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
i checked and the fade and balance both are just left and right for some reason.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1322
they are coax what do you expect, power handling is down from componets and they are driven off the HU. Can't expect too much from them.

Bronze Member
Username: Sswanny_1

Colorado Springs, Colorado U.s.

Post Number: 28
it probably has more to do with the sensitivity of the two types of speakers than the power handling. neither one is going to get maximum input power off of a deck. but the infinity's are probably more efficient therefore they are louder. if you really don't like it, fade it to the back a little. i'm sure you know that already though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
thanx a lot.

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
i have another question. my highs get very loud but you cant make out the words, its just hissing basically. please give me some suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1323
it is just the fact that they are coax and probably an inherent characteristic of that brand of coax. Alpine coax always get distorted as do 99% of coax run off the HU and trying to be blasted. If you want louder, cleaner music buy components and put an amp on them.

Bronze Member
Username: Sswanny_1

Colorado Springs, Colorado U.s.

Post Number: 30
buy an amp for the speakers and tune the alpine. depending on your vehicle, you may have to cut the highs to get balanced sound. you really need an amp for at least the fronts. running your speakers off a head unit is waiting to blow them up. the head unit will distort before getting loud, thereby sending alot of distortion to your speakers even when they are not playing that loud. if you amp them, even a small amp, i.e. 40 or 50 watts/channel rms, you will notice a huge difference even when it isn't so loud. infinity components, imho, are harsh in the upper mids and highs, but they may work out for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us