For those of you who know about amp placing.........

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Diamonds in the back.

Post Number: 1796
i got a new car....and its weird to put the amp on the seat back ..ir wouldnt really work....can i put my amp on the back of my sub box.... my amp is like raised 1/6 an inch above whatever u scrwew it onto....so would i be okay mounting it on my box??

the subs will be doin 1200 rms...

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1986
Tricky question, now here is a multiple viewpoint answer, lol. I myself would never mount an amp to a box because I have seen many an amp destroyed by box flex BUT if I really, really had to I would screw a secondary piece of 3/4" mdf to the side or the smallest accessable panel on the box and secure it to that. If you decide to do that then be sure to bolt everything down VERY VERY VERY well or you will make it extremely easy for people to jack yo sh!t! What about under your front seats? Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Diamonds in the back.

Post Number: 1798
the back seat situation is very weird..they are a new kind of seat...and dont connect to the side of the car....you can like put ur hand in the trunck, by going to the side of the seat...and the setas move around...the back seats are kinda like the front ones if u wanna think of it that way...

i want the amp in the trunk, no doubt about it

there is a cargo area all the way to the back, i just dont see how wires will get there...and i wanna keep the car in tact...

i dno what to do

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1987
Pictures help :-)

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2284
couldn't you build a box that is slightly raised so you can have a slide out amp rack underneath it?

Gold Member

Diamonds in the back.

Post Number: 1799
i already have the box... i guess ill figure somethin out...

Gold Member

Diamonds in the back.

Post Number: 1800
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-RAV-4-LOW-RESERVE-30-PICS-VERY-CLEAN_W0QQite mZ220044348019QQihZ012QQcategoryZ31872QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

very good pics of trunk.....

any ideas???

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2853
so why dont u just make a amp rack that will stand up next to the box. and if u really have to put it on the box try to get some foam type of stuff and build a amp rack then put it on the box and try to keep it separated by the foam but i would try anything b4 doing that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us