Username: Shelbycj

Shellbyville, Kentucky Usa

Post Number: 8
bandpass box or just a normal box

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 370
depends on what ur goin for, me id never ger a bandpass! slot ported is my fav!

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 448
If you want spl most people tend to go with slot ported, for sq most people tend to have sealed. I havent heard anything good from bandpass though.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3319
i'll say this. Bandpass is loud but, i really don't like it. It misses a lot of notes and it becomes a 1 note box. Plus is very hard to do a good working bandpass.

I'd go with a normal box and depending your taste, you choose between sealed or ported.

What subs r you going to use. Would be nice to know to give you a box recommendation

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1738
iv heard good things about bandpass on caraudio.com a guy on there 80inches builds some really nice ones and everyone seems to love his sooo...get plans from him if your going to go bandpass personally just aero port it

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3324
^^^^^well... if the guy knows how to build them, then that should def, pound and sound good.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7368
there are different types of bandpass encloaures, pre fab is garbage, sounds sloppy and muddy. $th order bandpass is nice so is 6th order if you know how to build them. They take a lot of exact calculations with no room for error. My buddy had 2 soundstream reference 12's in a 4th order bandpass and holy SH!T was it loud:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us