Are they making new 18" havocs?

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

Hesperia, CA USA

Post Number: 193
i saw on there site the new models theres only 15" so there is no 18 inches if there is does anyone have an idea how much

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2282
on their website, front page, $350 shipped for an 18". only four available.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... \blink, red,...

Post Number: 2842
look on the front page...
says 350

Silver Member

Hesperia, CA USA

Post Number: 194
i know but there prob out, plus i kinda want the new line? do you know? if theres still 18's on the new line

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6912
why would they go through the trouble of putting it on front page if they only have 4. i am sure they have more.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6913
for sure they have at least 2. i tried to order 6 and when i went to check out, it came out as 2.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Working on a secret pr..., Oregon USA

Post Number: 492
They only got 4 for sale. They are just selling them from the website instead of on ebay.

Quote from ascendant audio:

"For the remainder of the drivers being sold, we will just set the prices for the drivers and list them here on the website directly. Unfortunately, somebody has spoiled the Ebay situation for everybody else by winning an auction for two drivers and not paying or contacting us."

Silver Member

Hesperia, CA USA

Post Number: 196
im just trying to decide whether what i want its between the btl 18 or the havoc 18 the havoc is 350 shipped and the btl i would get is 430 shipped im just wondering if i should get the btl cause i like the looks and the review of both but the btl is what im leaning twords

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2481
i have a 18 inch sx like new condition havoc and re audio sx get equally loud im askin 320 plus shippin i have ton of pics. oha nd by the way u only be needin 1000k-1500k rms and ull have pretty much the same results as the havoc

Silver Member

Hesperia, CA USA

Post Number: 198
rob email me some pics eastbayafi05@Msn.com and was it abused cause i dunno i want it new

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2485
nope its a fact that will get louder than the havoc and btl on the 1000-1500 rms range

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2486
nope its a fact that will get louder than the havoc and btl on the 1000-1500 rms range

Username: Gh0st_31

Brooksville, FL USA

Post Number: 7
I actually called AA today and ordered a Havoc, and I was talking to Chad and he was telling me that they had a couple more then 4. I called literatlly at 1 (12 Central when they open), and was like "PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAVE A HAVOC LEFT" and he just laughed and said that the deal has been on the site for a few but everyone just noticed it. (thanks Ecoustics ;)) So It wouldnt hurt to call and see if they might have another one sitting around

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 539
they arent makin them they are just "prototypes" i was thinkin about pickin one up but, i guess i missed my chance

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 567
do 18's respond crappy, or am i under the wrong impression?

if i have a fast bass line, can they keep up?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7336
that depends more on your amp(damping factor) then your sub.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 571
Well, James is right in way (HA HA peeps, that's why I will take a nice AB over class D anyday), however, 18's cone and suspesion is heavier so it WILL be sloppier, feel free to ASK ANYBODY, call up Image Dynamics, CDT or any other people with some knowledge:-):-):-)

I got a feeling that there are some guys on this forum that would feckin buy a 30" driver if anybody made one, that is just sick:-)

Gold Member

Life is GOOD, Ill Us

Post Number: 2490
sloopier?? it depends on the system

oh and by the way system=car+box+sub+amp

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 576
explain the dampening factor scenario for me...
i don't understand.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2857
also depends on if the magnet is strong enough for the driver but most of the well known companies magnets are fine for it

Bronze Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 44
Maris...
18s do not need to be sloppier than any other sized driver (unless you are trying to talk about it playing 14kHz next to your tweeter... ;) )
If the driver is properly designed, used in the correct enclosure, and fed the proper power and signal, then you wont notice a bit of difference between it and a "snappy" 8" sub. Same reasoning goes for the 8" not being able to play as deep as a 18"...
Now, that aside... there is a difference, and it is called output. You simply arent going to get the same output out of an 8" at 20Hz in the proper enclosure as you are as an 18" in its.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us